Back in the day - Proclean

Yakker

Reaction score
Circa 20 yrs ago, living in Devizes I used to do a fair bit of trail riding, a little bit of playing around on MX Courses and even less standing at the side of Enduro events watching my mates ride until they gave up or threw up.

Following any of these types of excitement, the bike was inevitably coated in Wiltshire's finest and stickiest mud. Cleaning the bike down was lots of time with a jet wash to dislodge the mud, then a spray of ProClean, leave for 5 mins, jetwash again, then spray the whole thing with a Proclean spray that would protect the bike until the next time it went out.

It always appeared to me that ProClean was the sole domain of offroad folk - never seen it in any road bike establishments.....

Anyone still using proclean now ? am particularly interested in recommendations for after wash sprays, particularly as proclean say you can spray the brakes.....unlike lots of others....

thanks for reading this far....

Circa 20 yrs ago, living in Devizes I used to do a fair bit of trail riding, a little bit of playing around on MX Courses and even less standing at the side of Enduro events watching my mates ride until they gave up or threw up.

Following any of these types of excitement, the bike was inevitably coated in Wiltshire's finest and stickiest mud. Cleaning the bike down was lots of time with a jet wash to dislodge the mud, then a spray of ProClean, leave for 5 mins, jetwash again, then spray the whole thing with a Proclean spray that would protect the bike until the next time it went out.

It always appeared to me that ProClean was the sole domain of offroad folk - never seen it in any road bike establishments.....

Anyone still using proclean now ? am particularly interested in recommendations for after wash sprays, particularly as proclean say you can spray the brakes.....unlike lots of others....

thanks for reading this far....

Yes I’ve used it on trial and trail bikes - can you still get it though?

The yellow cleaning stuff I can get, it was guidance about the water dispersion stuff - tried it / liked it etc?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I’ve got a few litres of it it my garage that’s been there for years, probably 15 years since I’ve used it.

It was ProClean for cleaning and ProCare for care and water displacement after cleaning.

My mate still uses ProClean on his recently purchased Moto Marini XCape 650. Still says it works great.

I use Scottoiler FS365 sprayed onto a clean wet bike. Works well for me. Protects and looks good when the bike dries off.

They do say not to get it on the brakes, but it burns off first time I use them with no drama.

Back
Top Bottom