New Tenere 700 on order

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seen as I couldn't find a decent F800gs and any I did see were mad money

I decided feck it, 6k for a 14ya old used bike or 11K for new bike

Order placed this morning and got the Last Blue 2022 model (be 2023 reg) in Ireland and should be here in a few days

This is first new bike or car i have ever bought

Attachments

• 2022 Tenere 700 t7.jpg
    2022 Tenere 700 t7.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 312
Congratulations, barely hear a single bad thing said about the 700. I was looking at Nick Sanders Round The World bike in July at the ABR festival. It looked well considering where it had been and what it had been asked to do.

Congratulations, barely hear a single bad thing said about the 700. I was looking at Nick Sanders Round The World bike in July at the ABR festival. It looked well considering where it had been and what it had been asked to do.

anyone i have asked seems to like theirs and reviews on line have few bad things to say

anyone i have asked seems to like theirs and reviews on line have few bad things to say

Not the lightest ,fastest or the best?
But no worries about paint finish ,pitted cams ,crap switchgear ,engine finish or extending your warranty:beerjug:

Well wear John. Plenty of pics and reviews now when u get it.

I know people who found that their weight meant the rear spring had to be replaced.... I wonder would Yam do that before delivery?

Happy motoring, I liked mine, I changed her for something lighter.
However still have lower moto guard crash bars, lovingly polished.
cheers Jo

spring

I may have an uprated rear spring. I upgraded mine when I bought the bike and 12months later installed Touratech extreme suspension.
The aftermarket screen adjustment brackets are a cheap and worthwhile modification. Some kind of luggage plate is useful too because its a skinny rear end on them.

Bf.

I may have an uprated rear spring. I upgraded mine when I bought the bike and 12months later installed Touratech extreme suspension.
The aftermarket screen adjustment brackets are a cheap and worthwhile modification. Some kind of luggage plate is useful too because its a skinny rear end on them.

Bf.

And i am looking at a "cool cushion" seat cover plus seat joiner

If selling spring id prob be tempted as be nice have a second option

Rear rack I am looking up and trying find a simple option that will not affect the pillion seat

as for screen adjuster, i am after getting a 3D printer so might print a set off see how i like it

on donedeal,
(sorry spent the membership fee on keeping wikipedia going.)

And i am looking at a "cool cushion" seat cover plus seat joiner

If selling spring id prob be tempted as be nice have a second option

Rear rack I am looking up and trying find a simple option that will not affect the pillion seat

as for screen adjuster, i am after getting a 3D printer so might print a set off see how i like it

I wouldn’t worry about a seat joiner, makes little difference
There’s a proper one piece Rallye seat for sale on here which is a better option
I use a Cool Cover on my rider’s seat and in addition a Airhawk seat cushion
Does the trick

I wouldn’t worry about a seat joiner, makes little difference
There’s a proper one piece Rallye seat for sale on here which is a better option
I use a Cool Cover on my rider’s seat and in addition a Airhawk seat cushion
Does the trick

Cheers Jonny,

one of the lads on here has order me the eat joiner. Only reason i wanted it was i can buy the full length cool cover and not the rider only version.

Cheers Jonny,

one of the lads on here has order me the eat joiner. Only reason i wanted it was i can buy the full length cool cover and not the rider only version.

e50c1fc4ec25ee475377b2f2ab9d5556.jpg

I prefer the 2 seat set up, as I use the Yamaha rear rack that replaces the pillion seat when solo
30 secs to swap for the seat when taking a pillion
The rack is very useful
You can see my Cool Cover on the rider seat, if going on a trip I add the Airhawk
Tried a new Sargent riders seat but returned it as there was a fitment fault

e50c1fc4ec25ee475377b2f2ab9d5556.jpg

I prefer the 2 seat set up, as I use the Yamaha rear rack that replaces the pillion seat when solo
30 secs to swap for the seat when taking a pillion
The rack is very useful
You can see my Cool Cover on the rider seat, if going on a trip I add the Airhawk
Tried a new Sargent riders seat but returned it as there was a fitment fault

that's a nice setup,

my son is eager start getting out with me so i would like have seat cover over the whole seat.

however its a cheap job so will see how it works in long run

Back
Top Bottom