Hotel for large group - Oradour-sur-Glane, near Limoges, France

Bernie

Reaction score
I am leading a group of bikers from Eurotunnel, Calais to Oradour-sur-Glane, near Limoges, France I am looking for a hotel that will accommodate around 12 to 15 none of us like to share.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in that region?
Thanks
Bernie

I am leading a group of bikers from Eurotunnel, Calais to Oradour-sur-Glane, near Limoges, France I am looking for a hotel that will accommodate around 12 to 15 none of us like to share.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in that region?
Thanks
Bernie

You don't say when you're going - if it's August, you're probably too late!

Try: Novotel Limoges Le Lac

I did have a look at Novotel Limoges Le Lac, but it only has seven rooms.
I have already looked at Riders' Retreat, and Route66 Hotel, but it is the same not enough rooms.
as I said none of us like sharing, that is why I need somewhere that has 12 -15 rooms.
I know it might seem early, but I am looking to go around May 2024, but with a large group I have to start this early to get it all organised.
I know I could use the Ibis Budget Limoges Nord, and we have use Ibis hotels before there ok, but we are looking for something a little more personal not a chain.
Thanks for the replies.

you are very unlikely to find many places advertising rooms on the major booking sites that far ahead. Some hotels have yet to decide their room rates for May 2023. The Accor group (Ibis, Mercure etc) often don't work much more than 6-12 months ahead, sometimes less as I posted recently re. the Ibis Budget in St Omer.

I am part of a group that sometimes has >50 people attending a weekend event over the first May bank holiday weekend. Fortunately, others have organised this weekend. My trips have needed a max of 9 rooms which I usually book 4-6 months ahead.

For 15 rooms this far ahead, I suggest you go to the Logis hotels and Brit Hotels website, identify suitable hotels that are in the required area and have the number of rooms you need. Then contact the hotels direct to check if the rooms are available on your dates. The hotels are all independently owned, using the brands just for marketing. For the large group mentioned above, there is usually a deposit required when booking, but the organisers have always negotiated a half board rate at a favourable rate. Final balances are also requested in advance usually. Often if x rooms are booked a free room or two might be granted. The organiser has nabbed the first one and any additional "free" rooms are prizes in a raffle.

The likes of booking.com often charge 15% commission so you will get much better rates going direct, as long as you are willing to stump up the deposit and pay the balance in advance. . Inevitably, this far ahead, people will drop out so you might want to have that conversation about losing a deposit or the drop-outee finds a replacement.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info about Logis Hotels and Brit Hotels, are all independently owned, I was unaware of that.

I only use booking.com to find hotels, then when booking go direct to the hotel and save on booking.com fee.

Will have a look Logis Hotels and Brit Hotels and see if there are any outside of Limoges, as would preferer not to be in a big town.

Bernie

There is a Campanile in the centre of Limoges, with a rather excellent restaurant attached.

There is also secure underground parking.

Its the only time Ive seen a Campanile in a town centre rather than an industrial estate.

Back
Top Bottom