PANNIER LOCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A bit of a newbie question about the pannier lock for the lock plate.
Purchased a second hand set of classic panniers from Motorworks.
I have a new key for the pannier locks but not the lock for the lock plate, Motorworks do not have one.
The part that depresses in was painted so after some careful cleaning I can identify the words:
SUDHAUS KEY SYSTEM DBGM but no numbers.
Does this make sense to any of you experts?
Hope someone can help
Cheers
Paul

Cleaned up the part that was painted and there is definitely no numbers.
Is there anybody who would be able to send me a picture showing where the key numbers are located?
TIA
Paul

Paul - a pic may be best, or at least details about which specific panniers you've got??? :)

Thanks for the reply, the panniers are the BMW Krauser Classic panniers (according to Motorworks).
I have attached a picture of the panniers and one of the cleaned up lock.

Attachments

• Panniers.JPEG
    Panniers.JPEG
    29.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4659.jpg
    IMG_4659.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 150
Not sure I can be that helpful. I'm sure someone more knowledgable on this subject will be along soon. I had some like this back in the day on my Suzuki 850...
A quick bit of research suggests that the key will most likely be either a sudhaus key system DBGM S324 or S150. My guess would be S324, but that's just a guess having studied for 5 mins.
Sources:
https://www.welovekeys.co.uk/product/sudhaus-key-s324/
https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/krausr-bag-without-key-number.841098/
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164165712702

Mine:

Attachments

• Suzuki GS850G Spain.jpg
    Suzuki GS850G Spain.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 141
I suggest you find someone with a key for theirs and try it in yours. Then you double your chances of finding the holy grail! They are a bit like hen's teeth. But I think I have some for my panniers if you are ever down this way again?

The S324 looks like this, but I would suggest that you make some kind of secondary device to lock the pannier to the frame as there is a long history of these falling off even when locked on! Cost me £400 for the contents years ago....plus the replacement pannier.This is what I made for mine.

Attachments

• Pannier1.jpg
    Pannier1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 131
  • pannier 2.jpg
    pannier 2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 120
  • pannier 3.jpg
    pannier 3.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 127
  • pannier 4.jpg
    pannier 4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 126
Ooh bu$$*$! the key picture didn't appear:nenau

Attachments

• pannier key.jpg
    pannier key.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 124
The S324 looks like this, but I would suggest that you make some kind of secondary device to lock the pannier to the frame as there is a long history of these falling off even when locked on! Cost me £400 for the contents years ago....plus the replacement pannier.This is what I made for mine.

There used to be a specific part available to secure the pannier to the pannier frame, called a pannier bung. A flanged dowel inserted from the inside of the top corner of the pannier through the pannier frame hole and then an R clip slid in place. Worked perfectly and took seconds to remove/fit.

There used to be a specific part available to secure the pannier to the pannier frame, called a pannier bung. A flanged dowel inserted from the inside of the top corner of the pannier through the pannier frame hole and then an R clip slid in place. Worked perfectly and took seconds to remove/fit.

I've got some of those - could be persuaded to part with them.

BTW the Hepco and Becker Krauser-style panniers had a better pannier-to-rail lock. All round a much better pannier. Still has the same lid locks but seem to be better made. I don't use straps any more on mine.

I took a punt on a S324 and hey ho it fits just lucky I guess.
Thanks for all the very useful advice it's much appreciated.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom