Kingfisher Lodge Sibthorpe

derek

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For information as this is one of our favoured breakfast meets.
I have just been notified that the above is closing down. Their last day of trading is 6th February. Check out Newark Advertiser on Internet for more info.
Derek

Thanks for the update Derek. Really sorry to hear that, although I did wonder about it's future when I spoke to the co-owner at the last breakfast meeting. Got there quite early, chatting to him as they did not seem busy at that time and it seems his business partner did a runner the day before. He was obviously very worried as the guy had taken documents required to run the business and it was unknown if he had also taken money. Will probably drop in for breakfast before they shut.

A shame to lose this venue always a good breakfast and friendly staff.
Had a look on their FB page it seems that the lease was not offered for renewal, perhaps the owner will open it himself, fingers crossed.

A shame to lose this venue always a good breakfast and friendly staff.
Had a look on their FB page it seems that the lease was not offered for renewal, perhaps the owner will open it himself, fingers crossed.

I will keep an eye out to see what happens.

Sorry to hear this, good venue and nice breakfast with friendly staff. Hope they can sort things out.

If the lease isn’t being renewed this seems like the cafe at belvoir castle build up a great place to eat and the the owner wants it for themselves boycott I say after Paul leaves

Just looked at the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/kflodge

All contents of the cafe are listed for sale.

There will be nothing left for any early re-opening.

Final day 6th Feb.

They will be having a bit of a leaving party on the 6th feb from 4 pm
Everyone welcome.
Free bar ( you can drink what’s left).

Hi, the cafe has now re opened. Previous tenant Paul wasn’t given another lease due to the owner having trust issues with him.
There is still the same chef who is now the new manager of the business.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090306077123
This is the new Facebook page ☺️ hopefully this information is helpful and we’d love to see you return for a breakfast

Back
Top Bottom