Cardo Packtalk Bold

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, just upgrading my Q1 system to Packtalk Bold and for love nor money, can't find the best way to connect the pillion to rider?
Looks like you can do it blue tooth or DMC, but whats the best way.
Obviously the Q1's were blue tooth, but one of the reasons for buying this was to talk to other riders in the group, so if DMC is best, can you have a number of groups and how do you switch between them? Also, how do you start the conversation with the pillion? on the old Q1 you just started talking....

DMC is the way to go.
Both you and pillion join group, and the cardo will automatically connect if anyone from group is in range.

okay, thanks for that, so you can have a few DMC groupes?

How do you initiate talking to the pillion, just talk or do you need to prompt... 'hey Cardo, call intercom' ??

okay, thanks for that, so you can have a few DMC groupes?

How do you initiate talking to the pillion, just talk or do you need to prompt... 'hey Cardo, call intercom' ??

Just start talking, in DMC the channel is always open unless you are out of range (not going to happen with a pillion).

Seems obvious …. but is your pillion also Packtalk Bold ?

If so ;

DMC PAIRING CARDO
On master unit hold down the top button for 5 seconds until flashes green quickly

Do the same on the other unit until it flashes green quickly

And the same with the next Cardo unit etc etc

Press master top button once and all units should flash purple once

DMC group pairing done

Great, thanks again.
Yes, she'll be Packtalk also, although reading the instructions is looks like I could of just bought one as I think I could link the old Q1 unit to it for pillion, but that would of been blue tooth.... anyway, we have two units so will pair as above and see how we go...
just need a bit of fine weather to get out a test them now :)

Back
Top Bottom