Question about fitting Akrapovic Headers/exhaust

Deleted account 230327001

Reaction score
2012 TU Adventure

Will it need a remap if I remove the stock exhaust and install a full stainless akrapovic system?

The exhaust flap has already been removed as it was causing some issues

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the lambda sensors fitted the system is more than capable of adjusting to a change of exhaust system and air filter.
The lambda sensors will force it to run at an air fuel ratio of 14.7 to 1 with those changes.
Should you wish to run an AFR slightly richer say 13.8 to 1 then fit lambda offset devices such as AF-XIED`s.
It will take a few tanks of fuel to adjust the fuelling to match your exhaust change, the short term fuel trims are instantaneous and the long term fuel trims will take a few tanks of fuel to adapt.

With the lambda sensors fitted the system is more than capable of adjusting to a change of exhaust system and air filter.
The lambda sensors will force it to run at an air fuel ratio of 14.7 to 1 with those changes.

That's only true while in closed-loop mode which isn't the case during WOT or most of the time when you're higher up the rev range and at large throttle openings.
It's also only true within the parameters of the original fuel map.

You'll probably get away with it unless you're going to be sitting on the autobahn at very high speeds for extended periods. However, it isn't going to make the most of the added performance that can be gained by fitting a full system.

That's only true while in closed-loop mode which isn't the case during WOT or most of the time when you're higher up the rev range and at large throttle openings.
It's also only true within the parameters of the original fuel map.

You'll probably get away with it unless you're going to be sitting on the autobahn at very high speeds for extended periods. However, it isn't going to make the most of the added performance that can be gained by fitting a full system.

I agree that this is only true in closed loop but the majority of riding is done in closed loop unless on a trackday.
At WOT and higher up the rev range in open loop my data shows that the stock map is set rich enough to cope as it does not fall within the emissions parameters.
This is the data from a 2012 R1200GS ,Stock map but with AF-XIED`s fitted on setting 7. (Hence the richer AFR in closed loop.)
At time 12.23 , Light throttle cruise. 30 MPH, 2220 RPM, 2.3% TPS , AFR`s 14.02 & 13.97. (Closed loop)
At time 14.11, WOT - Full throttle 92 MPH, 5660 RPM, 100% TPS , 13.99 & 13.88 (Open loop)
Whilst I would like it a touch richer at this point on WOT it is not a problem, just prior to this at 13.58 on WOT the AFR`s are 12.9 & 12.8 which I consider ideal, and within the normal riding speeds.

ipulIKm.png
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom