Union Jack Club

Monsieur

Most respected and loved member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of joining as a member. Last stayed there in 1980 so assuming it’s changed for the better since then.
Anyone able to recommend it?

My usual London hotel has changed owners and changed customer service this past few months so looking for somewhere to use on a regular basis that’s very clean, spacious, great service and near a tube station.

I have not used it since the mid 80s either but pals of mine that do use it rate it well

Not a recomendation as these are my old army buddies and their tastes could be out of kilter with mine or yours but i would give it a go what can go wrong

Great location opposite Waterloo station, therefore easy access to the tube.
I remember staying for £55 per night (2001ish).

I stayed when I was down for the London Marathon doing some tin rattling and the like for a charity. It's gone up a bit, but the accommodation has improved significantly with new beds, carpets, furniture and more en-suite rooms. Also managed to blag a flat for a visit with the wife to an exhibition and show last Feb and again, really happy with the stay.

Hardest thing about the place is finding availability.

Do you know any present or former civil servants who might be members here ...https://www.civilserviceclub.org.uk/? We stayed just before Christmas. £140 a night for a double room iirc and a fiver a pint in the bar. Very decent grub too. The neighbours aren't great though, it's only 500 yards from Downing Street. :D

I've been a member for a few years now, great value given its location, the restaurant is good and the bar is cheap. I haven't used it since Covid hit but I retain my membership which is only £35 pa for the two of us.

Back
Top Bottom