Rotation

Redboots

Member well-known
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I spent a goodly while installing the mount for the XT on the bike.
To keep the wiring neat and fed into a slot in top of the mounting plate, the Garmin powered mount is upside down so the release tab is on the bottom. Not a problem.
The device is presented with the word "Garmin" on the upper right side.
Therefore, everything is displayed upside down FFS! :blast

Anyway to fix it:nenau short of reinstalling so the power mount is the "right" way up.

Reinstall.
You can only orientate the screen in portrait or landscape. But it has to be in the correct position.

He’s right.

Garmin logo has to be either bottom left corner (running downwards, vertically) in landscape view or bottom right (running horizontally) in portrait view. Anything else would be upside down.

Fun factoid: the XT's native screen orientation is portrait (vertical).
If you boot it into console mode, text only that is, it's vertical.

Cheers all. I thought as much:(

Its a bit porous in this day and age and given that its Android based.

I think it has a main "side" for a couple of reasons, like: positioning of the power button that would be easier to reach always on the top-left/top-right position according to orientation and, also, clicking it into the cradle should be easier/safer top to bottom as you'll hold it with your hand if it falls down or doesn't click properly.

Software-wise it would also make it easier & faster for the device to sense orientation when set into "auto".

Software-wise it would also make it easier & faster for the device to sense orientation when set into "auto".

Even my ancient Montana 600 can do 3 out of 4 orientations.
It just wont let you have "Garmin" upside-down :)

Back
Top Bottom