Back to BMW

glyndwr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am back to the marque , 4 months after selling my S1000XR i ordered a 2023 1250RS Sport yesterday and pick up late next month , Looking forward to a hopefully decent summer now.

Enjoy your new bike! Did you go with the standard or tubular handlebars?
Don’t forget to post a few pictures.

I went with the tubular bars for a more upright position and cant wait to get out on it for a blast.

I went with the tubular bars for a more upright position and cant wait to get out on it for a blast.

Please post some pics and share your thoughts on the bars. I think I would go for the tubular bars if I have another RS.

I will post pics when i get the bike , Its getting delivered on the 25th feb and i am on leave for a month so i hope to get some decent miles on it. i have never owned a boxer before.

I’ve always wanted to try the R/S with tubular bars as an alternative to the GS. I know you can’t give me a direct comparison as it’s your first boxer but I’d be interested to know your opinion on the comfort level. I think you’ll enjoy the 1250LC engine.

i wonder if they are similar to the bars on the XR that i reluctantly let go

I’ve been messing about on the bmw bike configurator and noticed there’s very little difference in the position of the handlebar grips when the different bars are selected/ deselected. The image changes when they are selected but it doesn’t seem to make a deal of difference.
I suppose the only difference is that the tubular bars can be moved slightly in the clamp to give different positions and handgrip angle.

Maybe it’ll be different in real life… any opinions formed yet?

I will post pics when i get the bike , Its getting delivered on the 25th feb and i am on leave for a month so i hope to get some decent miles on it. i have never owned a boxer before.

Is this still being delivered on that date? My wife ordered hers in November for delivery first week of March and was told today by the dealer that the launch has been put back so she’ll not be getting it until mid March.

Somewhat frustrating as it was coming on her birthday and we’d both booked the week off to go riding

The dealer hasn't been in touch to let me know if the delivery date has changed, I will be pissed off if this is the case.

The dealer hasn't been in touch to let me know if the delivery date has changed, I will be pissed off if this is the case.

She very much is. To find out a few weeks before her bike that she’s waited months for is now not arriving on her birthday has left her somewhat miffed.

She only found out because she rang to ask something and he wasn’t around so he emailed her back and dropped that in the email.

After sitting on a 1250r (with tubular bars) and then straight onto a 1250rs with the standard bars I definitely prefer the standard RS bars.
The angle of the tubular bars immediately felt wrong and puts an inward twist on my hands. Combination of being slightly wider plus the ends of the bars being slightly further forward forces the left hand to twist to the right and the right hand to twist to the left.

The dealer told me that the bike is arriving next week but can't be released until the official launch day on the 25th February.

The dealer told me that the bike is arriving next week but can't be released until the official launch day on the 25th February.

That’s good to know. Doesn’t explain why my dealer in Yorkshire said the delayed release date means my wife can’t get hers first week in March for her birthday then.

She’s very unhappy, especially since my new GS will still be arriving on her birthday, just to make her feel worse.

Pardon my ignorance. What’s being “launched” or “released” in near future?

Some ground breaking revamp of our trusty steed?

They paused the RS and R late last year as they’ve relaunched the tweaked version. It has some newer spec. The R can have adaptive headlight, but bizarrely not the RS. I can’t recall the changes but there were online events going through them all

Pardon my ignorance. What’s being “launched” or “released” in near future?

Some ground breaking revamp of our trusty steed?

2023 models being released. Evolution rather than revolution, see the list below. This is on the base model before you choose from and/or add the ‘packs’ and billet tat.

Standard equipment
TFT display with BMW Motorrad Connectivity
Full LED headlight
Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
Integral ABS Pro (lean-optimised ABS)
3 riding modes (Eco, Rain, Road)
Hill Start Control (HSC)
USB charging socket
Intelligent emergency call
Dynamic Brake Control (DBC)
4-way mechanically adjustable windscreen

Please post some pics and share your thoughts on the bars. I think I would go for the tubular bars if I have another RS.

Same here. Had a 2017 bike and enjoyed it. But an old neck injury made any journey much over 80 miles a real pain. Hoping the tubular bars (q for a song?) improve things.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom