Maldives....not for me!!.

RolexSubs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yes nice in some ways but me and her indoors prefer places with stuff going on and things to see.
Only went as friends asked us to join them......big expensive error!.

It was the island of Kuredu,seaplane flight was great,accommodation and food also great,but the sheer boredom of all but nothing to do was a struggle for me.

My watch enjoyed it.....
1df690a9cfb15e2ae02f46733ecc376a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Have been 4 times (in the 90s) to Kanifinolhu (with ex-wife) spent 3 weeks there on honeymoon and sub aqua diving

Spectacular place ..

Agreed. Two weeks on Kuramathi. Nice place but far too many Russian gangsters and apart from a bit of catamaran sailing, a day trip to another island and my wife learning to dive, I was bored out of my crust.

Ohh and I took one good pic...

Attachments

• blue lagoon pier.jpg
    blue lagoon pier.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 476
Glad the watch enjoyed it. Am I missing something :nenau

10 nights in 2017 at Atmoshere Kanofushi...absolute luxury and was ready for a do bugger all break

https://www.atmosphere-kanifushi.com/

2 snorkelling trips every day out to reefs if you wanted....managed 4

Made up for it with food and drink

Done it now

Beach was over run.....

Attachments

• 20170124_111928.jpg
    20170124_111928.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 435
We've been to Kuredu twice. 1st time was wonderful, very quiet and simple. When we went back in 2001 they'd started it up and there were some very unpleasant Russians there.

Not for us either. 10 days in 2017 and we were bored. There was no Maldivian culture, the "house" reef was tired and worn out and there were rats, or tree hamsters as they called them, everywhere. Food and drink were excellent, room was very good but we wanted something more to do. Never again, thanks.

I have never been there, but my old man was sent there, courtesy of the RAF, for a year :)

We had our honeymoon on Kuramati in 1995, blissfully quiet, no contact with the outside world. I’d go again, wife won’t as the honeymoon was so special it cannot be replicated.

We had our honeymoon on Kuramati in 1995, blissfully quiet, no contact with the outside world. I’d go again, wife won’t as the honeymoon was so special it cannot be replicated.

Tell her you'll give it a good go.

Yes nice in some ways but me and her indoors prefer places with stuff going on and things to see.

It was the island of Kuredu,seaplane flight was great,accommodation and food also great,but the sheer boredom of all but nothing to do was a struggle for me.

My watch enjoyed it.....

I'm guessing there's puddles out there with more depth....

My watch enjoyed it.....

Is this a wind-up?

We spent two weeks on the island Fihalhohi for my 40th, 16 years ago this week. Loved every minute of it and would go back without hesitation.

Not missing anything.....just a little light hearted humour,I collect watches and just posted a pic of the one I wore whilst there.

I used to work with somebody years ago that was obsessed with his Rolex. He'd go out of his way to find people who were wanting to know what time it was so that he could make a big, grandiose sweep of his arm in order to show them his watch. He also laid towels on his bed before shagging girlfriends so as to not make a mess. Do you do that too?

Went to vilamehndoo in 2006. It was just a 3 star resort with about 70 small detached bungalows and loved it. The island has in my opinion been wrecked by the building of the water houses, swimming pool and other shite. It was a very basic resort but the house reef was amazing.

At the time there were no Russians mainly English and Dutch.

A great way to relax.

Went to a different resort around 8 years ago and a big disappointment - the Chinese had arrived, none of whom could swim without armbands and would also trample on the coral.

I used to work with somebody years ago that was obsessed with his Rolex. He'd go out of his way to find people who were wanting to know what time it was so that he could make a big, grandiose sweep of his arm in order to show them his watch. He also laid towels on his bed before shagging girlfriends so as to not make a mess. Do you do that too?
No definately not,infact the only reason I did take the Rolex was because it was a safer holiday destination and so felt ok wearing it.Normally its a G-Shock.
And as for the towel scenario on the bed........I can only wish that nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom