Links in posts not working

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help with this problem.

Being a computer numpty I am now totally confused, but here are the facts:-

1 A link will not open on this computer (it shows 'about:blank') but the links on other sites will open. It would appear that it is a UKGSER site problem

BUT

2 The links open perfectly on my mobile and wife's laptop. I don't understand why Paul's 'modified link worked. Logic, therefore seems to imply is a computer problem

One thing I have discovered is that I can access the link by right click and 'open in another tab or page' which I think is the way to go. If I keep pressing buttons to alter settings etc when I don't have a clue what I am doing I run a high risk of making things worse!

If I remember correctly the problem originated after a Microsoft update. Fingers crossed the next update might fix it

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE

Mike

.... but the links on other sites will open. It would appear that it is a UKGSER site problem...
Mike can you post a link to a site where a link off that site works for you please?

I don't understand why Paul's 'modified link worked.
See my possible explanation above in post 20.

Cheers Paul

I've sent you a PM with a couple of sites I use a lot

I don't want to publish them on an open forum. Even when I have logged out before taking the web address, when I log back in the link takes you to the logged in account

Mike

Back
Top Bottom