Keyless playing up

I've had problems with Duracell batteries. First was with my motimoto tracker. Looking on their website they recommend you avoid duracell as their tracker can't monitor the battery level so your tracker battery just goes flat with no warning. Next up I had problems with my car remote. I changed all the batteries for Duracell ones after I got an alert on the dash to say the keyfob battery was low and the keyfobs stopped working shortly after (my wife had a spare and it wouldn't open the doors, no blip from the LED, nothing. I checked the voltage of each one and all were correct, but the fobs refused to work so bought some Panasonic ones instead (they were OE) and haven't had a problem since.

Any problems with Duracell batteries in your keyless GS?

Your not wearing a Keis heated waistcoat are you as the new triangular heat controller can interfere with the keyless signal resulting in a can’t find keys message on your tft.Even though yours is a pre tft perhaps it could still effect bike.

No, I'm a man and dont need stuff like that.
Joking aside, I did wonder if the wifi signal from my Innovv K2 may be causing the issue, but like others, I went to the Stealership today and took on for the team and bought a BMW battery; bugger me it it only sorted it, even though I put a new battery in my fob 2 days before.
Their batteries must be bettery quality than the cheepo's on Amazon.

I had loads of trouble with mine, it even died at the dealers whilst in for a service so they put a new battery in, 1 year later and all is still well.

What they did say is that if you lose the o-ring that seals the battery compartment, it allows the damp in and these problems arise. Naturally the o-ring is a special size and can't be bought on its own, but a generic one from a kit (Aldi's Centre Aisle of Mystery and Wonder) was squeezed in, and as already mentioned, its still working a year later

Back
Top Bottom