Hex Ezcan spots

Chasbo

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm really liking the look of the Hex Ezcan to run some auxiliary lights on my GS tc. But to use all the functions I need spots that allow you to adjust their brightness, 3 wires?
Without going down the extortionate denalli route, what are the other options?

Do you want spots which you can adjust the brightness of? Or would you be happy at 1 or 2 levels of brightness? There is a standard switch which will give you 50% or 100% brightness, and works standalone to the Bike's system.

Do you want spots which you can adjust the brightness of? Or would you be happy at 1 or 2 levels of brightness? There is a standard switch which will give you 50% or 100% brightness, and works standalone to the Bike's system.

What switch / spots is that? I’ve not seen variable spots without full hex denali set up

I have a hex ezcan on my LC GS

2 wire setup

i can dim the spots by holding the rotary wheel full left for 5 seconds until the spots flash, and then brighness can be ajusted up or down by turning the controller

I have a hex ezcan on my LC GS

2 wire setup

i can dim the spots by holding the rotary wheel full left for 5 seconds until the spots flash, and then brighness can be ajusted up or down by turning the controller

No rotary wheel on hex heads though

I'd rather have full adjustment, and for that I need spots with 3 wires.
Also want to have it so the spot switches off when indicating.

What switch / spots is that? I’ve not seen variable spots without full hex denali set up

This switch I used this before committing to a full unit.

They now have this stand alone unit which gives full control over dimming, switching lights on/off etc without a Denali or Hex unit too - although the price is as much as one, probably only a solution if there's no Denali/Hex option for your bike

I'd rather have full adjustment, and for that I need spots with 3 wires.
Also want to have it so the spot switches off when indicating.

If i recall, you can do that with two wire also - have you downloaded and read the instructions ??

I use an IQ 275 Skene controller... Dims the lights. Perfect solution and easy to fit

I have the Hex ezcan system on my TC . It's on a 2 wire system. The bike originally came with factory fitted spots with a built in switch on the handlebars. This switch became redundant once I connected the spots via the ezcan as the lights are always on. If I turn on the indicators the corresponding spot goes off. There is a way to reduce brightness via the info button ,Dr Farkoff recently posted a how to do. Hope this helps

The Denalis look expensive. However I did try cheapy chinky LED spots and they just failed after a wet winter ride. I bought Denali, and learned that buy cheap, buy twice - I shouls have known

On the flip side, if you do buy Denali at least they have a 2nd hand value if you move onto something else later ;)

My apologies dicktheleg posted not Dr Farkoff. Sorry dicktheleg.

I also set up the Hexezcan to the horn so when I press the horn the fog lights strobe,saved my bacon a few times on the road with dumb ass car drivers

My apologies dicktheleg posted not Dr Farkoff. Sorry dicktheleg.

I also set up the Hexezcan to the horn so when I press the horn the fog lights strobe,saved my bacon a few times on the road with dumb ass car drivers
Thanks for the info.
Can you program the brightness for different situations on the two wire spots? By that I mean, dip/main beam, daytime/nightime etc.

I obviously need to watch the YouTube videos again, I was sure it said they had to have three wires to be able to change the brightness.
No wonder my school reports always said I should pay more attention. 🤦*♂️
Thanks everyone for the info.

The Denalis look expensive. However I did try cheapy chinky LED spots and they just failed after a wet winter ride. I bought Denali, and learned that buy cheap, buy twice - I shouls have known

On the flip side, if you do buy Denali at least they have a 2nd hand value if you move onto something else later ;)

And with a 5 year warranty it's a no brainer. I got a new set of S4's at year 2 when one of mine went wrong!

I obviously need to watch the YouTube videos again, I was sure it said they had to have three wires to be able to change the brightness.
No wonder my school reports always said I should pay more attention. ��*♂️
Thanks everyone for the info.

As DTL says, the two wire lights offer the same functionality as the 3 wire

Hi Chasbo

The ezCAN can power 2- or 3-wire lights, we just highly recommend that if the lights are 3-wire, you should configure it as 3-wire, because those lights are not designed to dim using their 12V wire. I saw one response mention the installation instructions, our user manual covers the usage of the ezCAN quite thoroughly, but in short you can dim and disable the lights on the move using your INFO button on a oil cooled 1200 - link for the user manual is here

Back
Top Bottom