Zumo xt - 3D AM mount worth the money

MAR.600

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is the 3D AM mount worth the money
And does it lock the zumo to the bike ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Yes, it's worth the money. There is no locking mechanism apart from what is on the bike already.

On my RT I have an aftermarket electrical lock that works with the central locking. The Zumo is positioned in the dash so that one cannot access the release button.

(There has to be advantage to owning an old man's bike)

Is the 3D AM mount worth the money
And does it lock the zumo to the bike ?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

All that is needed are 4 x 30mm spacers and 4 x 40mm 4mm bolts to mount the new xt mount in front of the old mount. Security wise on the RT, the xt sits farther forward, but the release is on the top, so you need something to release the device, I use a trip tool :)

All that is needed are 4 x 30mm spacers and 4 x 40mm 4mm bolts to mount the new xt mount in front of the old mount. Security wise on the RT, the xt sits farther forward, but the release is on the top, so you need something to release the device, I use a trip tool :)

Whats a trip tool ?, can you give more info on what you did please

Yes, it's worth the money. There is no locking mechanism apart from what is on the bike already.

On my RT I have an aftermarket electrical lock that works with the central locking. The Zumo is positioned in the dash so that one cannot access the release button.

(There has to be advantage to owning an old man's bike)
Yes you can lock the xt with the 3dam mount if you order er the lockable version!!

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Whats a trip tool ?, can you give more info on what you did please

Sorry predictive txt. Trim tool, plastic jobber that has a hook that you push the release button with. So I ordered 4 x 40mm 4mm bolts, 4 x 30mm 4mm spacers. Then replaced the bolts that secure the standard mount and mounted the xt mount spaced out in front of the original mount. Leaving the original mount in place. I then bought the bmw power tail which allowed me to connect the xt to the same place the original power was connected. I also drilled a spare cover I had for the mount, so you can only see the new xt mount. The job was easy, although you have to take the RT screen and top cover off to get to the sat nav mount.

Attachments

• IMG_3315 2.jpg
    IMG_3315 2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3316.jpg
    IMG_3316.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 108
Sorry predictive txt. Trim tool, plastic jobber that has a hook that you push the release button with. So I ordered 4 x 40mm 4mm bolts, 4 x 30mm 4mm spacers. Then replaced the bolts that secure the standard mount and mounted the xt mount spaced out in front of the original mount. Leaving the original mount in place. I then bought the bmw power tail which allowed me to connect the xt to the same place the original power was connected. I also drilled a spare cover I had for the mount, so you can only see the new xt mount. The job was easy, although you have to take the RT screen and top cover off to get to the sat nav mount.

looks great, thanks for that, quite clever really the use of the plastic weather panel

looks great, thanks for that, quite clever really the use of the plastic weather panel

It was really easy to fit, only took an hour at most and saved me a lot on the cost of the plug in jobber. But if you don't like taking panels off, go for the 3d printed thing

It was really easy to fit, only took an hour at most and saved me a lot on the cost of the plug in jobber. But if you don't like taking panels off, go for the 3d printed thing

So my Zumo arrived today, I have a GSA btw and currently the Nav is sited on a bar above tft, anyway I kind of liked the idea of leaving the stock cradle in place (just disconnecting the plug and plugging in the zumo via a bmw power tail as you have). and covering it over with the weather panel, so Ive done a bit of prep and made 4 holes in the weather panel which line up exactly with current screw holes and the zumo mount, have ordered 50mm m4 torx button head machine screws and plan to fit it all in next few days, if it works as planned then fine, if not I will just spend £20 on a bar mount and pack the bmw cradle away for when i eventually change the bike.
Interesting that the current bmw mount fixing holes are exactly the same size and distance apart as the Zumo mount.
Ive just noticed the weather panel on RT is very different to GSA.

Back
Top Bottom