Painting Vs Wrapping

KickStarter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I have a beautiful 2008 F800GS - I love everything about it, except the orange is starting to jar me slightly!
So I'm wanting to swap it up to a forest green type vibe.

I love this: https://www.signaturecd.com/product/bmw-f800gs-2013-kalamata-safari-green-variations-stickers-kit/

image2.jpg

But for it, you need the base colour to be the green (The kit only includes the add ons)

My first thoughts was to get everything that is orange, wrapped instead, or instead painted.

What's the consensous on Wrapping Vs Painting, who has done this first?

(Also looking at the bike, the wind shield is liked in with the front fairing and so the bike wouldn't be rideable whilst it was being wrapped, sadly!)

Thanks All,

Lewis

I think that the wrapping option is a good choice as if you get tired of it you can peel it off rather than having to get it sprayed again.

I agree haha!! Still c. £300 from the first place I asked to quote, we'll see what the second says...

I’ve never heard of that… looks great though..?! Almost too good to be true, what’s the catch 🤣🤣

Beware their statement that it will peel off from “most surfaces”…
And as has been stated before: if something looks too good to be true then it probably is.
Getting the bike wrapped, imho, is a much better option.

I’ve never heard of that… looks great though..?! Almost too good to be true, what’s the catch ����

Look on YouTube as to what you can expect from it. I don't have personal experience of it, but know people which have used it. Like with any paint - the prep is what will make or break the final results.

I don't mind so much if it cannot be removed afterwards, as if the finish is good, I'd be wanted it to stay in place for every!

It's the 'if the finish is good' which I'm most worried about!!

Look on YouTube as to what you can expect from it. I don't have personal experience of it, but know people which have used it. Like with any paint - the prep is what will make or break the final results.

Just saw one video, the finish it a bit 'meh'... sadly

AS mentioned, all in the prep. Watch this video of painting a whole car - they did it once and completely messed it up. Then re-did it, and you'll see the big difference in the finish.

Link to video here

Back
Top Bottom