Idle actuator fault

dub 24

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've just sorted my alternator problem out and on restarting the bike and checking to make sure all fault codes are gone, I discovered this new one. I have read up and tried resetting the idle actuators but had no success in clearing the fault.

From scouring the internet I have found a suggestion to remove the offending one and clean it with carb cleaner and check it is operating properly by turning the ignition on .

Is this a good idea ?.

If so I'm going to try this tomorrow fingers crossed it might sort it.

If anyone has had this problem or knowledge and has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry photo of the fault sideways and I don't know how to rotate it the right way ( that's another days learning from the forum members:bow)

Cheers folks.

PS The exhaust flap one is there as I removed the gubbings

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_143617.jpg
    IMG_20230126_143617.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 147
Have you tried resetting the idle motor recalibration or reset all adaptation ? .. also regarding the picture being in its side, edit the picture on your phone/computer and rotate it, even if you only end up with it in the same orientation as you started with, then repost it.

Cheers Steptoe,yep I tried resetting the actuators, both ways .Once letting the 911 do both automatically and then I did each one individually. I also reset all calibrations and it made no difference.
Thanks mate for your suggestions

I decided to go and have a look at the actuator idle unit and notice the plug on one side was slightly out and not seated properly . Upon close investigation I noticed the plug retaining lug was missing so I unseated the plug and refitted it and did an actuator recalabration . I ran a fault scan witht the 911 and lo and behold the fault was gone and the bike is running like a dream:beerjug:.

I have attached a photo of the faulty plug and am thinking about a possible method to keep it in place, although it has never caused a problem until now and was probably moved with all the comings and goings removing the alternator.

Sorry the photo is crap

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_200328.jpg
    IMG_20230126_200328.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 127
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-01-26 at 20.05.51.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-01-26 at 20.05.51.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 133
ahhh. The age old "It's not plugged in" :D

It's not uncommon for peope to secure these with a crossed over ziptie once they start getting a bit brittle and wobbley.

:beerjug::blast:comfort. Cheers motorevive that's the plan thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom