R1250 Safety Recall in the USA

The software recall was completed on mine last week.

The software recall was completed on mine last week.

How long did it take ? Mines in at vines Guildford soon and they want to keep the bike for a day or two , is this right ?.

Mines being collected Monday for software update and I’m getting the drain bung thing fitted as well whiles it’s there :thumb2

Were these planned visits to the dealer or notified recalls?

25 minutes on my 72 plate gs1250 for the 'anti rear wheel lock up' on
Monday 23rd although I was warned for 4-5 hrs

How long did it take ? Mines in at vines Guildford soon and they want to keep the bike for a day or two , is this right ?.

They said 5 hours was needed, as they had the bike for 3 days I've no idea if it was that long. It was done at Lind in Welwyn

Never heard anything regarding mine, it goes in for service in April so lets see what else needs done

Sounds like a quickshifter issue to me, what other software interaction with the gearbox is there?

Out of the 3 RTs of ours being recalled, only one has a quick shifter, so nothing to do with the quick shifter.

Out of the 3 RTs of ours being recalled, only one has a quick shifter, so nothing to do with the quick shifter.

Clearly not connected to jumping / rear wheel leaving the ground when offroad too given the RT's are in the mix!

I wonder what other software interaction there can be with the gearbox? a modification to engine braking?

Unless they will mod all bikes in cash a quickshifter is added later?

Confusing.

I guess if the rear wheel leaves the ground then ideally you'd want the engine speed to be matched to the wheel speed when the rear wheel contacts with the ground again to minimise shocks through the transmission - perhaps the new software attempts to do this????

Booked mine in for its annual service in April and they will be doing the shaft vent plug modification , inspecting the drive shaft and the ECU update for the gearbox, the shaft drive plug takes 30 minutes, if the rear U/J needs replacing they are keeping them in stock and they also have a new factory tool to remove a stubborn one ( so another 30 minutes ). But if the shaft is properly seized it means full replacement and ordering parts so a 2 day job.

The ECU update for the gearbox can apparently take up to 8 hours if there are issues and some can take two or three attempts, so I am leaving the bike with them and will get it back when it is done

Back
Top Bottom