road horn

greg gardiner

Reaction score
my sound bomb has stopped working i cant find my standard road horn .
would any one have the standard horn they would sell to me thanks greg

You can purchase BMW Series 5 car horn that is much better then GS OEM horn and the connector is the same. My Soundbomb Mini had died few months ago and I installed 5 series car horn. It's not expensive and it is very loud.

You can purchase BMW Series 5 car horn that is much better then GS OEM horn and the connector is the same. My Soundbomb Mini had died few months ago and I installed 5 series car horn. It's not expensive and it is very loud.

thanks any idea off year or a part no for it tia

I have one on mine, no idea what year it came off. However, they have two horns and be sure to order the low tone.

There's no doubt it sounds louder and on par with the soundbomb I had on a previous bike, however there's an interesting video on YouTube where a guy measures the db's of a stock GS horn BMW car horn. The results are not what is expected.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MJVf70e1Lfo" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Part number is 7159421 from a BMW car, make sure you get the Low Tone version, altho I suspect that p/number only applies to the low tone. Easy plug and play try and get one with the lead attached. Usuauly several on eBay. Alan

A BMW series 5 horn is just a BMW horn. The same one that was fitted to K100 bikes in the 1990s to my 2018 BMW 320d. They are fitted in pairs, hi and low. There are thousands of similar ones on ebay in pairs that are just as good.

Back
Top Bottom