2014 LC GS, SatNav question.

SMB

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if a new Zumo346LMT-S 4.3 inch fits in the BM LC cradle?

Thanks.

RB

Off the bat, and as far as im aware, Its only the Nav 5,6 and Zumo 660 that fits the OE BMW mount.

I looked at putting a Zumo 350 into a BMW cradle on my F850GS (see this thread:- https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/594124-Nav-prep-on-an-F850GS ). All looked well until the bike was delivered and I found that, although the BMW mount and Zumo mount had the same mounting holes they were at 90 degrees to each other so the Zumo mount would be sideways in the BMW cradle.:barf Also, the power cable on the BMW mount is well out of the way whereas on the 350 it's too far up to fit the mount flush in the cradle if I drilled one or the other.
Looking at the 346 mount on the Garmin website it looks very similar to the BMW mount and throwing it's part number into Google suggests that it fits a Zumo590, a.k.a. the BMW NAV V. Why not phone Garmin to ask if the 346 fits the same mount as the 590 as, despite what I've written, the photo of the back of the 346 on the Garmin website doesn't convince me: the power pins look like they're too far over to one side for the Zumo to sit centrally in the cradle.

It is doable, but means a bit of tweaking ...
You will need some longer M4 fastners (at least 15mm longer) and 4, 12 to 15 mm long spacers, with a 4.5 or 5mm hole.
As mentioned, the mounts are 90 degrees different, but the 346 mount will fit in.
You will also need the fly-lead to attach to the 346 power lead to the OEM GPS socket for switchable power.

I am planning on ditching the Nav 6 on my bike and using my 346 instead - on the whole, a simpler and better device.
If I'd got the hardware, I would have done this this weekend and photo's to show, but not got fastners suitable to attach the 346 mount with.

Popping into B&Q on the way home for hardware ....

@capers1962

Many thanks for the info. Look forward to the photos.

Cheers.

RB

It is doable, but means a bit of tweaking ...
You will need some longer M4 fastners (at least 15mm longer) and 4, 12 to 15 mm long spacers, with a 4.5 or 5mm hole.
As mentioned, the mounts are 90 degrees different, but the 346 mount will fit in.
You will also need the fly-lead to attach to the 346 power lead to the OEM GPS socket for switchable power.

I am planning on ditching the Nav 6 on my bike and using my 346 instead - on the whole, a simpler and better device.
If I'd got the hardware, I would have done this this weekend and photo's to show, but not got fastners suitable to attach the 346 mount with.

Popping into B&Q on the way home for hardware ....

That sounds like you expect the 346 to auto-orient to accommodate being turned through 90 degrees. I've never used a 346 but my 350 doesn't seem to recognise being turned on it's side. A pity as it would have given me a cheap fix.

Back
Top Bottom