Bitburg or Prum hotels, please

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of going really off-piste and staying in Bitburg or Prum and getting by with talking very loudly and very slowly with any Germans too stupid to understand English, any recomendations for these towns, or even particular establishments also welcome.

I've stayed at Hotel Louis Müller on two separate occasions and will do so next time I'm there. I originally picked it because it was a central location with a car park.

The steak and chips are almost worth a special trip from here!

Icecream parlour in the town's square is also well worth a visit!

I think you will find the Eifelbrau, Bitburg is OK, but aside from the convenience of being close to the brewery, I'm not sure there is great merit in staying in Bitburg itself, or Prum come to that, aside from exploring the depth, or otherwise, of your linguistic talent.

Trier, just down the road, is far more vibrant & makes a decent base for exploring the area.

I think you will find the Eifelbrau, Bitburg is OK, but aside from the convenience of being close to the brewery, I'm not sure there is great merit in staying in Bitburg itself, or Prum come to that, aside from exploring the depth, or otherwise, of your linguistic talent.

Trier, just down the road, is far more vibrant & makes a decent base for exploring the area.

and if you stay in the Hotel Blesius Garten in Trier, you get the benefit of a brewery on site https://blesius-garten.de/

Can recommend a place a little bit west of Bitburg as well as some routes. I just put them in the string related to Wappings question on GPX routes. Post #49. Routes and hotels

Yep, I stayed in Bitburg and found this to be the case. Nice enough but not really busy enough. Great access to roads and rides though. Cant remember my Hotel but it had off road parking too

When I was in that area I stayed at a place called Biersdorf which is located on a lake, was a lovely spot, can't remember the name of the hotel though, but there are a few so you can't go wrong wherever you stay.

Landhotel am Wenzelbach, Prum we have stayed a couple of times and it has an excellent restaurant, also Wittlich has some decent hotels as does Schweich.

We have also stopped at Brauneberg a few miles away on a couple of occasions and there are numerous smaller family run hotels in vineyards in the area

Back
Top Bottom