comms units in general, help please

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have had a few comm units over the years and although they kinda work, I’ve never been overjoyed by any of them.
my current headset I’ve owned for 3 years is a LEXIN B4FM 10 and it rates highly on most websites.

Now don’t get me wrong, once its connected its brilliant, but that’s the problem.

I’m absolutely sick of standing on the side of the road pissing about with it.
If I add a 3rd person the button combination is so ridiculous, I can never remember it, so have to have the PDF manual on my phone…just in case!

Listening to sat nav instructions AND chat to a mate… I don’t even know if this is possible, I can’t get it to work!
Share music with a pillion… no idea!
Why are these things so complicated?

Now to my question, yep I do have one 😊

If I splash out on an all singing all dancing top brand, will it cure this?

Can I see my mate, one button press and start chatting?
Into my ride can I press another button and also listen to sat nav instruction too?
If I add a 3rd or 4th person, do I need the Enigma machine to work out the button combination?

Recommendations please, at this point I don’t care about price as this is ruining my life lol

I have had a few comm units over the years and although they kinda work, I’ve never been overjoyed by any of them.
my current headset I’ve owned for 3 years is a LEXIN B4FM 10 and it rates highly on most websites.

Now don’t get me wrong, once its connected its brilliant, but that’s the problem.

I’m absolutely sick of standing on the side of the road pissing about with it.
If I add a 3rd person the button combination is so ridiculous, I can never remember it, so have to have the PDF manual on my phone…just in case!

Listening to sat nav instructions AND chat to a mate… I don’t even know if this is possible, I can’t get it to work!
Share music with a pillion… no idea!
Why are these things so complicated?

Now to my question, yep I do have one ��

If I splash out on an all singing all dancing top brand, will it cure this?

Can I see my mate, one button press and start chatting?
Into my ride can I press another button and also listen to sat nav instruction too?
If I add a 3rd or 4th person, do I need the Enigma machine to work out the button combination?

Recommendations please, at this point I don’t care about price as this is ruining my life lol

My mate and I bought packtalk twin pack which comes factory paired, we use in DMC mode which is always on. I believe though their is with all these units a hierarchy of importance that takes precedent, so if your nav is giving instructions this will override or interuppt your conversation.

I know what you mean. We went with MESH2 last year to fix this. I can listen to my MAV6 (getting directions or listening to the music that's on my SD card), and I do this with Bluetooth. I get my phone via my NAV6 too (which I like because I can control it all with the wonder wheel).

MESH2 is brilliant for comms with mates or passengers. It's just so easy to use. It works with SENA and Interphone, and it's an open protocol so hopefully this is the future (rather than the proprietary comms today like Cardo use). It would be great if all headsets could communicate in a group!

So MESH2.. So easy, just press one button to open the comms, and the same button if you have had enough of your mates. It's that easy! We were connected easily as a group fo 4 riders on holiday last year. The Range between bikes was excellent...

https://www.motogusto.co.uk/2020/11/10/mesh-united-sena-and-interphone-connect/

I have an Interphone UCOM 16 but as I say you can chat to your mates with SENA too,.. As Pablo says you have a hierarchy...

ive been having a read about the Mesh and it does sound great

the headsets ive been looking at are the Sena Spider ST1 and Sena 50S
which both support BT5 and Mesh 2

I said to my mate years ago when we was on a ride as bikers kept passing the other way...
instead of waving and nodding, wouldn't it be great if comms connected as they came into range (30m) and you could just say "alreet pal" as they past lol
it could beep to let you know another biker had joined or left the chat :D

maybe one day :)

As i have a Scorpion ADX 2 helmet, has anyone every used the Scorpion Exo-com Intercom Kit?

it sounds good, but they all do i suppose lol

I said to my mate years ago when we was on a ride as bikers kept passing the other way...
instead of waving and nodding, wouldn't it be great if comms connected as they came into range (30m) and you could just say "alreet pal" as they past lol
it could beep to let you know another biker had joined or left the chat :D

maybe one day :)

MESH2 (on it's open setting) does exactly that!

We were too lazy last years and just left the MESH configured out of the box. You can also configure 8 (IIRC) private channels, just for your own group. At the ferry terminal going to Bilbao, there were other groups of UK bikers and indeed we heard them and they heard us! It was a bit of a laugh. We also heard a group of German bikers in Potes...

Interphone units are IP67 waterproof and also cheaper than SENA so I bought UCOM-16

The only real drawback of mesh is the battery wont last for a full days riding. We carry power packs and charge when we stop. Becomes second nature once you’ve run out a few times!

Back
Top Bottom