Brittany Ferries advice required

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking of going overseas for my 2023 adventure

Plan is Pompey / Poole to either Caen / Cherbourg ;) or St Malo

Via the ferry...

Question is, do you have to give your Reg No at the time of booking , and how late can you make amendments ??

I'm still on this loan bike , so may need to change bike at a late stage

Any help from the seasoned travelers would be good :)

Reg no and passport details can be done I think 48 hrs before the crossing. I've got mates who change their bikes frequently or have a choice of which one to take and I've emailed them a week before and it's been fine

I've turned up on a different bike to the booking. Never a problem, it happens all of the time and they just update the computer when you check in.

As DM says, you should log in before the sailing and enter your Advanced Passenger Info (passport no, date of birth) and this is the crucial info from their point of view.

more to the point would be v5 and insurance certificate to show incase of a pull.

Depending on where you are heading in France, Caen or St Malo are potentially good choices. Cherbourg is a long way from nowhere.

Depending on where you are heading in France, Caen or St Malo are potentially good choices. Cherbourg is a long way from nowhere.

Thinking of going down to Sid's place in August

so everywhere is a long way ;)

I booked a Brittany today.

You can enter it at time of booking or you can email it to them before departure. They don't actually need it. The country you're sailing to requires it.

Ammendments cost £20 if you get an economy ticket. Less if you get the premium, flexi tickets etc.

I just booked the cheapest and i'll pay £20 for changes. Changes allowed upto 4 hours on a the flexi. Two weeks on economy IIRC. It's all on their website.

the service to Le Havre has resumed again, although a full price boat not the Économie service they had via MV Étretat until 2020. That's not a bad port to use if you can avoid Paris.

Cherbourg adds an hour to a journey from Caen but it does have the quickest crossing of 3 hours on the Liberation vomit comet so your journey time overall can be less.

Agree with Wapping, Cherbourg is a long drag if going south towards Sid's. We regularly do Caen to the Lot in a day if going on the overnight ferry. PM me if you want a Brittanty Ferries discount code and I will probably see you at Sid's place in August, Colin

Back
Top Bottom