BMW 1150GS Adv with original alarm - how to switch off

Nando654321

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have the usual BMW alarm setup as per the pics attached.

Once I switch off the bike, after a few seconds the alarm comes on automatically (or it might be the immobiliser?). I have owned a non 1150 Adv in the past which was very much a “switch on and go”.

Does anyone know the best way to turn off the alarm semi permanently?

ie off so that the bike acts normally but I can always put it back on for when I am doing tours with non secure car parks etc.

Thanks

Attachments

• CDE6A696-7503-40A6-93C9-AB4F7BF243EF.jpg
    CDE6A696-7503-40A6-93C9-AB4F7BF243EF.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 8493F459-409A-4BBC-AC1D-43785A166441.jpg
    8493F459-409A-4BBC-AC1D-43785A166441.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 192
For what it's worth my alarm never gave me a single problem (2005 SE 1150) and was used many times a day five days a week for 14 years. It came with a BMW booklet with instructions on using the buttons.

For what it's worth my alarm never gave me a single problem (2005 SE 1150) and was used many times a day five days a week for 14 years. It came with a BMW booklet with instructions on using the buttons.

Hi Luke

Thanks - but remember my issue isn’t with the alarm itself, the actual alarm indeed works great and no issues.

My problem is when I know the bike won’t be used for a while and I just don’t need the alarm auto switching on, hence would rather have it on “manual” so that I decide when it comes on

Will follow the instructions from the link sent and check online manuals, go from there

Cheers

To close this thread so that anyone asking the question in the future knows what to do:

Changing the settings on the original BMW alarm is actually fairly easy and I have now done it for my GSA. Instructions can be found here -

http://mon.garage.free.fr/bmw1150gsa2004/Notice_alarme_BMW_R_1150_GS.pdf

Go to the page on BMW alarm settings and voila, follow the “switch on engine, do x y within 10 seconds etc” and you will soon have the alarm set up exactly as you want it.

As mine is, my alarm now only comes on when I set it on, which is what I want.

Anyway, hope it helps and take care all.

My problem is when I know the bike won’t be used for a while and I just don’t need the alarm auto switching on, hence would rather have it on “manual” so that I decide when it comes on

Its not an Option There is Service mode but it beeps annoyingly

Just switch on and deactivate the alarm and whip the negative off the battery if you are leaving it standing for long periods

Alarm sorted

Just switch on and deactivate the alarm and whip the negative off the battery if you are leaving it standing for long periods

Dr F

See my last message - alarm sorted

It now only turns on when I ask it to turn on via the alarm key, perfect and exactly what I wanted. I didn’t want to cut anything as I still want to use the alarm when parking in London!!!

Are you sure the bmw alarm has a service mode that beeps. Isn’t that the datatool alarm ?

Are you sure the bmw alarm has a service mode that beeps. Isn’t that the datatool alarm ?

I agree with Steptoe - don’t have a beeping issue in any way with mine

Mine was always about saving the battery so that I am in control of when the alarm comes on, rather than it always coming on automatically which was annoying

Much happier as it now only gets used when I feel like it / need it

Back
Top Bottom