KTM GT problems

What a poof !

If the gearbox seized when riding at 80mph or the thing selected first gear on its own with the engine running and nobody stood near it, then I'd say he has a problem :rolleyes:

Had no problems with my GT, one of the early ones, but then only really used it for one EU tour and then sold it.

I've posted on here about it previously. A friend of mine bought a new 1290 GT. He was riding home from the dealership, having taken delivery of it, one moment and woke up lying in the road the next.
It had stopped dead on him at c. 60 mph. He'd head butted the clocks and had a fractured vertebra.

Looking on the web I found one other guy with a 1290 Adventure who'd had a similar experience. KTM had refunded his purchase price. Was inclined to think that my friend should sue the company but he said he was
just walking away from it as life's too short. It's put him off riding, possibly for life. Last thing he said to me about it was he was getting his racing driver's licence instead.

Have BMW riders not experienced Final Drives snapping, forks breaking off, valves being thrown down cylinders, my GS used to randomly stall, almost killing me one time when it did it just as I entered a roundabout and it decided to conk out with an HGV bearing down on me.

Had far less "excitement" in 7 years and 40,000 miles of KTM ownership.....

....Not that I trust any modern computer driven vehicle, simple engineering and nothing more than rudimentary electricals do not suffer from bugs in code that can kill.

It'll be interesting to see how his BMW experience (if he buys one) compares

After 22 years of Bmw’s I have just got my first Ktm. See how that goes........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom