More loose spokes

Issdrobo

Reaction score
Hi all Newby to the forum here,

OK I purchased my 5th GSA in June 2018 and rode until we all got locked down in March 2020. From this point I didn't get the chance to use it gain until June 22 so basically off the road for just over 2 years.

It has now had its 24000 service at which point I was told "you need two new wheels @ £2500". They have also said that as I missed two services it's unlikely they will replace them even as a good will. But my point is this is irrelevant as its not been riden.

I didn't realise until doing some research and seeing the MCN article from jan 19 that my bike could have been part of the spoke nipple coating issue from feb-June 2018. I have never been told any of this!

My dealer has said I have 11 on the front and 9 on the rear and they won't adjust them (probably because they all know now how complicated it is) although they now say they adjusted them during the BMW campaign in 2018!!

I'm now waiting to speak to my dealer and find out what they are going to do but in the meantime could anyone offer any guidance of how I could take this further if I get a negative response?

Regards Ian

I also had issues with a 2018. 75% of spokes were loose. Only had the bike 5 mths. Local BMW dealer refused to help despite used bike warranty and sent me packing back to supplying dealer in Scotland some 500 miles away. BMW customer services were useless. Ended up changing out of the bike. Nightmare

Thanks for your reply Orbit,
I have found a company in Birmingham called Central wheel components who can rebuild them using special gigs at a cost of around £700. I have offered this to my dealer as an alternative solution and am waiting for them to respond. They have also said that the central BMW warranty section is a real pain to deal with and doesn't even go back to them.
I have also spoken to another dealer and he said other than the wheels manufactured during the Feb-June period he has never had to replace wheels. This just confirms that BMW are trying to sweep the issue under the carpet!

Back
Top Bottom