MY ROUTE SUBSCRIPTIONS- PROS & CONS

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Would be useful to get some feedback from those that have subscribed, or even just opened a Free account, I like the concept and it looks very user friendly, Im just not sure what my needs would actually look like, e.g. what plan best suits my needs and value for money.
Appreciate any feedback:thumb2

Try it for free and see if it works for you? If it's something you will use long term, buy the gold/lifetime subscription when the offers are out (usually around black Friday).

The subscriptions give you extra features, for each level up you go. I definitely don't maximise everything yet. But will do soon when planning my European tour. Its a really useful tool for creating routes, either in advance or on the fly. And the simplicity to send straight to your Satnav from your phone is a win for me.

i've only had it for a year or so and have about 50 routes saved. Some of which are routes i do a few times a year, and is nice/easy to simply re-download them and off i go again. Others might be more like once a year - and i might want to tweak it on my next visit, so can do that without completely recreating the route.

Wapping will be along shortly i presume, and will certainly advertise it better than i as to what it's capable of.

…..Im just not sure what my needs would actually look like, e.g. what plan best suits my needs and value for money.

If you don’t know what your needs actually look like and therefore how to get your value out of it, how are we meant to tell you?

For my needs, full membership is very good value, as I like the extra tools it brings. There again, I became a member years ago, when it was very cheap.

I’ve just subscribed. Had a free account for years and could have gone gold for something like £25 originally but wasn’t using it much. Now copped up £170 for the Christmas New Year offer as i decided it was good value give the cost of a static Nav device or a mobile subscription with offline routes and planning.

The web route planning wins it for me, I actually prefer the free maps to the gold ones but I like to dream and plan big trips as well as short bank holiday weekend escapes so having the full functionality will hopefully be worth it and if they get the new “Next” satnav right then I’ll be very happy with my decision.

Had the free account for a very short period of time, the main reason i upgraded is to make use of the route splitter, still learning how to use it but the options/ease of use/mobile version is all worth it. Highly rated in my view.

The lifetime Gold and Navigation package was offered at £170 (then briefly reduced to £150 i believe). However, unsure of how much I would use MRA, I opted for a one year Gold and Navigation purchase at just under £50 thinking that if it didn't suit me I'd lost less money. I opted for Gold to get the extra benefits offered over the free trial package

Its early days but I'm finding MRA better to use than Basecamp and I particularly like the options it gives, especially being able to switch between different maps when planning, as well as being able to use a satellite or street view. As I share routes with pals, the option to save in different formats is also a great asset

I realise that for the most of you users I'm preaching to the converted but for what its worth, my tip would be to buy the Gold package if your budget allows

I'm a gold lifetime member, but I've yet to have a single route work for me in 2 years
to use it, you have to turn off calculations on your GPS, so if you wander off route for fuel or a cafe you get lost.
if you do see your route on the map you can end up following it back in the direction you came
turn calcs on and it totally ignores what you planned and takes you straight to your destination.

I've experimented and tried hard to make it work because it does look amazing, and others swear by it.

I still use MRA to plan routes, but never send anything to my GPS (BMW Garmin Nav 6)
After the route is planned, i pick out several parts of the journey, manually input them into the GPS and store as favourites by number the day before i leave.
1 is start, 10 is the end.
all other numbers in between are POI or cafes etc along the route.
This way i can just leave auto calc on and it works perfectly.

I would try a route or two while on trial and see how you get on.
if you do like it, get the lifetime offer :)

I'm a gold lifetime member, but I've yet to have a single route work for me in 2 years
to use it, you have to turn off calculations on your GPS, so if you wander off route for fuel or a cafe you get lost.
if you do see your route on the map you can end up following it back in the direction you came
turn calcs on and it totally ignores what you planned and takes you straight to your destination.

I’m afraid that is owner / user error with a Garmin GPS device, not a MyRoute problem.

Thanks for all the feedback, I plan to start with a free version, if it becomes the planning option of choice then i will go for the gold, Ive just sacked the Nav 6 and gone for the Zumo Xt , just need to swot a bit on that for the minute…..

==========

I have started you a fresh thread for your uploads question.

Richard

I’m afraid that is owner / user error with a Garmin GPS device, not a MyRoute problem.

It probably is.

But I'm just pointing out its not plain sailing.
Don't expect to create a route, send to GPS and start to follow.
Unfortunately that's how easy i wanted it to be.

I've just subscribed to their Gold offer, at £85 for lifetime, hopefully they'll be around long enough for me to benefit! I've been using the free version on and off for a few years, but always baulked at the cost, occasionally using gold on a monthly basis. Also tried Kurviger, which was great, but had issues transferring routes to my Garmin, MRA 'seems' to be a bit more seamless

It probably is.

But I'm just pointing out its not plain sailing.
Don't expect to create a route, send to GPS and start to follow.
Unfortunately that's how easy i wanted it to be.
It is that easy,you're doing something wrong,or sat nav settings are screwing it up, mra is virtually faultless imo,any problems I've had have been user error.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom