basecamp map

Your BaseCamp map is out of date.

They have changed the junction, basically splitting what was one single junction into two.

f7c545be658e1b34c0a9983f3e466927.png

Michelin’s map on MyRoute is also out of date:

7c15c2058dc30fc0d3737fbcb1f47fc4.png

ee2a668bf2a6759becf9076a5054983a.png

And to think that people swear that you never need to update Garmin’s maps through download updates.

The google map junction pictured above is west of the junction in Basecamp, a new road layout south of Moulins

Edit: Ah you beat me to it :D

Attachments

• junction.jpg
    junction.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 138
Cheers guys. looks like my basecamp does not have the latest map updates. I have checked Garmin express says I am up to date. Will have to see what what happens when I send route to device

Welcome.

It looks like they have put in an extra road, so that drivers can miss out les Larry. The worst that will happen is that you’ll be routed up the old road, before joining the N7 north, to the west of les Larry.

Here’s the new junction. It’s so new, it doesn’t seem to have a junction number, when the Google camera truck went past.

660f4ef01d737f9c2a167d59ecff692e.png

Here’s the old junction:

70d1c00a7e90ad1f3a73310bebfb9285.png

You’ll notice that the signage (places) is very different between each. The first (newly built) junction is clearly for vehicles going north. The original (older) junction, for vehicles travelling south.

If you want to go north on the N7 towards Moulins / Nevers, take the new junction, which is basically how Google has routed you. MyRoute, routes you the same way. That’s the way I’d go, taking the ring road to the east of Moulins:

d98184eb46541551a06082d06fba45e6.png

That being said, ViaMichelin’s website (whose map is up-to-date) suggests taking a junction earlier:

1dd1640447e5b879242b4e162d6fe488.png

That is probably nothing more than a slight variation in the algorithm used by ViaMichelin and that used by Google / MyRoute.

So if I understand this, my basecamp / nav 5 map is up to date but sadly not as accurate as say google. It did cause problems last year, was trying to avoid this. Not very tec savvy. Is there a way to have a better map on basecamp / nav 5

PC city navigator europe NTU 2021.1

Nav 5 city navigator europe NUT 2023.2

2023.2 is latest, check the map drop down tab on your pc basecamp, if its not there, open garmin express and select manage maps/ install to pc

So I did that and its sent all my way point of the roads. next I optimized and still no better

PC city navigator europe NTU 2021.1

Nav 5 city navigator europe NUT 2023.2

It's usual to have the same maps on the PC as the GPS otherwise any routes calculated in Basecamp will be recalculated when they're opened up on the GPS.

Looking at my CN EU NTU 2023.2 the new roads are there, but not useable as the attributes aren't correct.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=yqTQvDbUMf5j1ydnSQZ2qA

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qK_2aqoa2os" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I4tlCR691Zc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

when/after you update yer maps on yer GPS with Garmin Express
click options and install to computer.
Same on both then. when you open Bascamp on computer to construct a route make suer the map used is latest ( in dropdown box select right map)
HTHY

Youve missed the roads in the above example screenshot, you can move them, zoom in and move them on to the road, recalculate the routes, also look at changing most to shaping points rather than waypoints, theres a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom