basecamp map

So the map used to create the route was PC city navigator europe NTU 2021.1 all was fine. As advised changed it for 2023 map and this is what happened. Maybe should have started a new route with matching maps. Not to worry, I have found a work around. This all started with me moaning about basecamp maps not as up to date as google. Did cause problems last summer in Spain. Thanks everyone for help

I notice in your image above that you appear to be accessing the 2023 maps which are loaded on your Navigator, not downloaded to the PC. In my experience that tends to slow things down a lot when trying to do things in Basecamp, as well as not being able to plan without the Nav connected.

Still doesn't cure basecamp maps not as accurate as google etc

Google, with their billions, can update maps every minute of the day and night. BaseCamp, less so. Just use the maps / navigation device that suits you best.

attachment.php

A classic misfit between a route (which seems to be going in two directions at once) and a map.

yep did that and way points were not on the roads go figureView attachment 558220

When this happens what i tend to do is force the GPS to recalculate the route. You have probably already sussed this but if you haven't:-

Go to Apps --> Trip planner --> select a route --> check the route by selecting Map --> If it looks like the above image --> come out of the map view by going back one page, so you are still in the selected route with the listed waypoints, touch three horizontal bars top LHS --> scroll down to route preference --> change the route preference from faster time to shorter distance (or visa versa depending on your GPS set up) --> then change the route preference back from shorter distance to faster time. Your carefully constructed route on basecamp should now look and work the same as you planned it.

whenever you go anywhere
Unless you've decided and created the route yourself. (like someone has sent t you or yerve downloaded it from net.

I Put them in MY BASECAMP ON MY COMPUTER FIRST ( your compter and GPS should be running same version of maps)

Then check the routes follow roads or trails YOU WANT and change the colour in settings - then I trace it myself and send that traced copy to my GPS then I know its all my fault if it gets ballsed up.
HTHY
Its too late when yer abroard or afar from home

yep did that and way points were not on the roads go figureView attachment 558220

As you can see:

1. The shaping or via points are offset from the road. This suggests that the original route was created in a different or earlier map, even possibly in some other make of software.

2. BaseCamp has done its best to join the offset points up AND to take you along the yellow / orange coloured roads, past Jaca.

3. The black line of the route travels in two directions. You can see this in the direction arrow head pointers. The reason why might be as simple as the route backtracks on itself deliberately or, (maybe more likely) one or more of the shaping points have been created in the wrong order, forcing a return journey.

A forced recalculation of the route might force the black line onto the roads properly. Or some more work might need to be done. Either way, it’s definitely not Garmin’s BaseCamps fault; it has done its best.

As you can see:

1. The shaping or via points are offset from the road. This suggests that the original route was created in a different or earlier map, even possibly in some other make of software.

2. BaseCamp has done its best to join the offset points up AND to take you along the yellow / orange coloured roads, past Jaca.

3. The black line of the route travels in two directions. You can see this in the direction arrow head pointers. The reason why might be as simple as the route backtracks on itself deliberately or, (maybe more likely) one or more of the shaping points have been created in the wrong order, forcing a return journey.

A forced recalculation of the route might force the black line onto the roads properly. Or some more work might need to be done. Either way, it’s definitely not Garmin’s BaseCamps fault; it has done its best.

It was done on earlier map. So I changed that and recalculated all is well .

Back
Top Bottom