Which camera setup

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mrs Santa has offered to buy me a camera for the bike for my birthday :)

Trouble is she and i have little idea what would be best ...

I know you can get the innov system stuff, & the veritable Go Pro

but my limited understanding is they both cover different areas of use?

The innov being more of a safety / pillock camera , and the Go pro for the limited sweeping roads / drone type stuff

Any advice / pointers would be muchly appreciated

Mrs Santa has offered to buy me a camera for the bike for my birthday :)

Trouble is she and i have little idea what would be best ...

I know you can get the innov system stuff, & the veritable Go Pro

but my limited understanding is they both cover different areas of use?

The innov being more of a safety / pillock camera , and the Go pro for the limited sweeping roads / drone type stuff

Any advice / pointers would be muchly appreciated

As you say, one is a "dashcam", the other an action cam. I have the Thinkware M1 dash cam which is broadly similar to the Innov in that it is fixed to the bike and the picture quality would not be as good as a modern Go Pro. However, as a witness to what you are doing on the road or what others are doing to you, both the Thinkware and the Innov are very good.:thumb2

First question - what do you want to use it for ?

A good point, well presented. The Innov K3 will do all you need (I am making some assumptions here as to your intneded use). It is hard-wired to the bike so no need to charge batteries etc and if you want to record yourself hooning around the countryside or just as piece of mind if some tw@t tries to have you off it will do that to. There are cheaper alternatives and the K3 will set you back just under £300, not cheap but they're well made and may save your hard-earned no claims in the event of an incident.

Back
Top Bottom