Can you skip/filter through the queue into Gibralter?

Geecee68

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi there,

I visited Gib last year by car. I parked on the Spain side then walked across. I'm going to go back in March on the bike and wondered is there a way to skip the seemingly eternal queue to the checkpint?

It didn't seem wide enough to filter but I may be wrong. Anyone any experience?

Cheers,

Gav

Hi Geecee68,

I’ve only just seen your message, so apologies for the late response. Yes you can filter through at the frontier, I would plan on arriving after 10 am and before 11 am if possible. The reason being is that between those times the rush hour works traffic has largely gone through, and the tourist traffic has is only just starting to pickup, plus after 11 pm the schedule airport landing arrive, so affectively closing the road in and out for 10 minutes or so, causing more delays.

Motor bike parking, if it was me, I would park in the ICC car park, the entrance and exit are on Line wall road, just after the mini roundabout and the petrol station. It’s a steepish ramp up with a bend at the top, so carry a bit of momentum going up. The bike parking is right next to the kiosk. After you’ve parked up, walk up to the next floor and get the lift down and you will be smack in the centre of town. If you’re planning on going up the Rock, then take the taxi tour, you have the taxi for the whole tour, and the price includes entrance to the caves ( well worth a visit ) also the siege tunnels likewise, the taxi will wait for you outside each place and take you to the next. Don’t even think about taking the cable car as it will only take you up the rock.

Enjoy Gibraltar, it’s a fascinating place...:thumb2

Forgot to mention, to get your passport stamped going into Gib, as you are leaving the EU, and stamped again when going back into Spain to show that you have re entered the EU.

Thank you! Excellent advice, really appreciated. I may stay over on a Saturday night so I can do it at my leisure, but this is great advice.

Thank you! Excellent advice, really appreciated. I may stay over on a Saturday night so I can do it at my leisure, but this is great advice. And we could meet up and i will get you pissed .

you could take him to "The Friar Tuck " ?

fixed it for you.:aidan

Slightly off topic…. Do you have to have your passport stamped if you are a U.K. citizen? Are you leaving Europe?

Durr!!!!!! Just seen the above…… I must try to keep up….

Glynn

Slightly off topic…. Do you have to have your passport stamped if you are a U.K. citizen? Are you leaving Europe?

Durr!!!!!! Just seen the above…… I must try to keep up….

Glynn

Hi Glynn, I was born and bred in Nottingham, and a life long Forest supporter, hence the Rockred.

Ahhhh……. I was in Spain for a month until a few days ago… it crossed my mind to take a day trip to Gib on the bike, and wondered if I would get ushered along in the wrong line when leaving or arriving

Didn’t bother in the end and thought I’d like to come back to some snow…

COYR!

Spain is a wonderful country for bikes, so much to see and do. I love riding up in the mountains and visiting the white villages. I never take the GS into Gib, I have a 125 Honda scooter that is perfect for Gib, even then it’s sometimes difficult to find a parking spot, hence the recommendation to park in the ICC shopping centre car park on a big bike, and it’s right in the centre and very secure. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Spain, the weather has been a bit hit and miss this winter, but hopefully it didn’t spoil your trip.

I don’t miss the snow one bit, hopefully it will soon be gone.

COYR.

Just an update regarding entering Gib, there is now a tunnel open for all motorised vehicles entering Gib that runs underneath the runway, ( it’s taken 15 years to complete ) FFS, so now when a plane takes off or lands the queue keeps moving, so in reality it should speed things up a little. Also if you are a British passport holder, you must get the Spanish border guards to stamp your passport when entering Gib and again when leaving Gib, do not forget, it’s important. The reason being is that you can prove that you have left the EU when entering Gib and also provide proof of re-entering the EU again legally when crossing back into Spain.

Back
Top Bottom