GS'r in the making....

TonyVaradero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just saying hi to everyone. Not yet on a GS but that's in the pipeline. Joined up as I have the feeling some here may recognize my Forum name from an other site. Being a Honda man for 20 years but felt it was time to go back "home". So a GS 1200 Adventure TE will be in the stable in the next couple of weeks......
My first big bike was an old R65 on which I travelled from Tuscany to London back in 1990.....safe riding everyone :):okay

Didn’t know that BigTrailie forum existed :nenau

Had 2 Varaderos and a Crosstourer before coming to the dark side

Welcome to the forum :thumb2

thank you, yes the https://www.bigtrailie.co.uk still going and I have met many good mates on there. Previously I was on the XRV one when I had the Africa Twin 750, two Varaderos back to back, ATAS and now waiting eagerly to get my arse on the GS:) shouldn't be long.
The R 65 was a workhorse, two up loaded up to the brim, made it to London from Tuscany and never missed a beat. It never went particularly fast, it never stopped particularly well, it never handled particularly...precise....it just kept on going.....had to sell it when I took first mortgage out :-( Last I heard, I believe the bike is still on the road in the IoM.......

Born and bred in Tuscany too, but live in Bristol now!
Originally from Follonica/Castiglione della Pescaia area. Where are you from?:beerjug:
:)

so as a short update the 1200 was a bit of a shamble ......I ended up handing it back to the dealer. I am now proud owner of a 1250 and I absolutely love it. I am off on a long trip this week so that will me a good chance to get properly acquainted with the lardy beast. So far I have but positive comments including its agility in the daily commute into central "big smoke" town......

Back
Top Bottom