Restricted byway application

kevm

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
To those who know about these things - Is this an application to restrict motor vehicle access? It's local to me and is quite a nice off road section. Is there any way of objecting if it is?

Attachments

• 20230203_163529.jpg
    20230203_163529.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 207
Speak to your local TRF group and flag it up to them, they will fight it (they already be aware,but check)

thanks. It's a rare bit of local offroading I can manage so wouldn't want to lose it ;)

I wonder why a feller from 40odd miles away is putting this application in ? A member of the gliding club perhaps ?

Nowt like live and let live, wankers

Yeah, that was my thought. For the amount of times bikes go down there, they want it all to themselves. Loads of lanes in this area, particularly parts of the Viking Way have been closed. This used to be a pretty long stretch of lanes you could patch together.

It's a shame their mum's didn't teach them to share when they were 3.

You could always send an email to the applicant and give him an alternative viewpoint.

It's funny, the people from here are very supportive of the bikes. Someone was whinging on the local group recently and most of the replies were along the lines of, "leave them alone, they're not harming anyone". Normal, local people who walk their dogs and enjoy their own surroundings are happy to share with bikes, cyclists and horses.

I once went out on a walk with the Ramblers because Mrs M was thinking of joining (she didn't in the end). We passed a MX track in action out near Barrowby and they all moaned about it. Even setting that aside, they were still a load of tossers.

They are.

I do a bit of offroading/greenlaning and always kinda worried about pissing people off when I cross them. I actually always had very positive interactions bar a few times.
I picked up hiking/walking recently, following a few hikes with colleagues – here south. Funnily enough I often end up walking alongside the same routes I do on the motorbike... and end up meeting bikers going through.

It usually lasts for 30 seconds tops.
Noise goes away after a minute.
All I can consider is that some bikes stink and that lasts a bit longer but... WTF... happens quite rarely.

There is thousands of paths where bikes are not allowed. If the above pisses off you so much, buy a fucking map with rights of way and choose the ones where bikes are not allowed.

To those who know about these things - Is this an application to restrict motor vehicle access? It's local to me and is quite a nice off road section. Is there any way of objecting if it is?

a0bb583723ae9cfe0adf5c6e51921efe.jpg

The applicant may feel there has been an error or omission on the current mapping and I would be curious to know why. Is it simply because he feels it should be changed for what he feels is the better, it is not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom