Cancellation conditions …

Mjhb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Died bit of context first:

I had a guided biking trip planned and paid for in advance. Sadly my bike broke down with electrical issues and I had to cancel the trip.

Not an issue thinks I, I have travel insurance which covers cancellation. Provided through my bank account.

Go through the claim process and am eventually told that cancellation due to mechanical breakdown isn’t covered.

Is anyone aware of a policy specific to motorcyclists that might cover such an eventuality ? I’ve tried Google and all I can find is insurance to cover riding on a trip …

Don’t want to risk a similar issue on a longer, more expensive trip …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just looked at my Axa policy from Puffin Insurance. You are only covered for Travel Disruption (not cancellation) where the vehicle breaks down after you set off from home for the trip.

If your vehicle is not roadworthy for the trip then you have no cover for cancelling the trip.

For a travel disruption claim they would want to see the maintenance and MOT records for your vehicle to ensure you took every measure to ensure the defect was not present when you set off. It also states they would want evidence you called a breakdown service to try to get the vehicle going again.

Back
Top Bottom