Assorted Nav V problems….

brummy bloke

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
…..I have the… difficulty of being computer illiterate.

So far Ive learnt how to update my garmin nav 5, Ive installed garmin basecamp and even loaded one gpx file from one of Wapping's links but then the bloody thing wouldn't download a second gpx file from the same page to the basecamp...small beer I'm sure to you more techy types. It'll do me good to learn but it is frustrating! Cheers gents, Ian

Let’s start at the beginning.

BaseCamp is installed on your home computer. Yes?

I think you are saying that you have downloaded one route from the forum. This route you have got installed in BaseCamp on your computer. This route, you have then got from your home computer onto your Nav V. Is this correct?

I think you are then saying that you have failed to get the second route downloaded onto your computer. Is this correct?

Can you tell us where you found the two routes, please. In other words, which post.

Thanks.

…..I have the… difficulty of being computer illiterate.

So far Ive learnt how to update my garmin nav 5, Ive installed garmin basecamp and even loaded one gpx file from one of Wapping's links but then the bloody thing wouldn't download a second gpx file from the same page to the basecamp...small beer I'm sure to you more techy types. It'll do me good to learn but it is frustrating! Cheers gents, Ian

You're doing better than me. I can't figure any of it out other than putting a destination in on my Nav V & tweaking the route on the device itself. I've never understood basecamp or how to upload/download GPX routes & when friends have done it for me the Nav V ignores the route anyway & takes me on what route it THINKS I meant.
Fair play for giving it a go - I applaud you. :clap

Don’t put the fellow off.

All we need to do is help him to get two routes, onto his Nav V via BaseCamp.

Best to stop him now before he's in too deep IMO

The hours I've wasted and the computers I've destroyed lie testament to that.

Get out now Brummy Bloke while you can, for the sake of your sanity run!

I think he/so done OK so far. The only mystery is why the second route is proving uncooperative.

Cracked it! base camp is on my pc, the gpx file is one of Richards from this site. Second route wouldn't download to base camp because the first gpx file was " open". Once I clicked off the first gpx route it worked fine.....only took all day to figure that out! It wont be the last time on here in a confused state I'm sure...the routes came from the Germany section, second page, forth subject down, hunsruck cochem two routes, exactly what I'm after

Back
Top Bottom