Battery Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluribus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hmmm. well.

Ordered a replacement battery for a 2018 r1200rt from NN. Good price and arrived promptly. Left it in the box a few days due to other commitments. Went to install last night and the thing will not fit in the battery compartment.#

I measure it against the battery that was on it and the new one is about 11mm taller. This is enough to make it not fit.

Bit odd as this is the battery specified for the bike.

Am new to the RT so am a bit confused. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what route did you take.

The battery that is on is not a quality item so I don't just want a like for like replacement.

Thanks

P

If the battery tray is the same as the GS, which it almost certainly is, there’s a polystyrene spacer in the bottom that you can just lift out

The original battery is a YTZ and a lot of folks, including me, replace them with a YTX which is taller

No liner in bottom. It,s a hard plastic aperture.

Rang a BMW motorrad dealer this morning. Receptionist said parts guy was on the phone, but he would call me back as soon as he ended the call. That was about 3 hours ago……..

Rang my local Triumph dealer in Lincoln, I go there for all my services and mots. He knew instantly what the problem was and said that the YTX16 is too tall….it comes in at about 161mm. The battery I need is the YTX14 as this is about 151mm.

Sorted.

Not good from NN perspective and not good that the BMW dealer didn’t call back. However top marks for Webbs of Lincoln.

Thanks

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom