XT - saving Waypoints in new sub-categories under Favourites?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,

I'd appreciate help.....

I can transfer a GPX file of Waypoints to my XT from my Android phone via Garmin Drive and the said Waypoints turn up under Favourites

What I would like is to create a sub-category in "Favourites" in the XT and then to store the new Favourites in this sub-category.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Thanks,

Bin

Last edited by a moderator:
Home Screen

Where To?

Favourites

Tap on ‘i’ of the Favourite

Tap on the the three horizontal bars, upper left corner

Tap on Edit

Tap on Categories

Type in the name of category you wish to give the Favourite or select one from the banner list

Done

The device will also give you a pop-up with a link to a Garmin website with, I guess, more information.

Wapping,

Thanks for that info.

Unfortunately, when I tap Edit I get three fields: Name, Map symbol and Collections - no Categories.

When I hit Collections, it says "No Collections Available. Create a collection using the Garmin Explore mobile app or go to Explore.garmin.com"

I opened the Garmin Explore app, logged in and the will to live started to leave me....

Bin

Having had a good night's sleep, I tried following the instructions below and lo! I did create a "Collection" named Photos 2023 (for the various photo rally points).

Managing Collections
Select Map.
Click. next to Collections.
Add a name for the Collection.
Choose data to be added to the collection: Select a data tab: Waypoints ( ), Tracks ( ...
Select Next. Optional: ...
Select Save Collection.

This "Collection" shows up as a sub-set under Favourites in the Trip Planner / New Trip / Select Start Location / Favourites / Photo 2023

Mind boggling.

Luckily the basics of using the XT are simple enough but this proliferation of "Apps" is puzzling to be polite about it.. (Garmin Express, Explore, Connect, Drive)....

Thank you for telling us your solution, appreciated.

Though convoluted, it is better than say MyRoute, where (as far as I know) it’s not possible to associate a favourite with a category. To work around this in MyRoute, I have taken up naming hotels, by starting the name of the hotel / place with the word ‘hotel’. At least that way all the hotels get grouped together in my favourites.

Back
Top Bottom