Two bloke's,Two T 7s,Overland too Africa..

Have a great trip Mike, and keep us updated. Looking forward to some cracking photos (when you remember to take them ��)

Crumbles:
wishing you and your mate a safe and enjoyable trip. As others have said, you chose the right bike. (And it’s a lot more accessible than South America!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is Simon and with a very tolerant friend..

Devon Green lanes it is not..
Satnav shows it as an unpaved road...

20230219_130757.jpg

20230219_130721.jpg

20230218_152221.jpg

20230218_152351.jpg

I think I was on the same ferry as you on Monday? I have some video of the other Tenere on the deck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2PXvZxLCW4

'Nigeria isn't a holiday desitination'

There was a Harley Farley in front on me,The Black t7 was on my right front then a Gs beside me and 4 others behind..
We meet up on a M,way for awhile before going separate ways..

Come too Morroco soon as will soon be all Dual carriageway,s
And well paved roads,there even building a M,way style bridge in the middle off nowhere we passed.
The road rebuilding is going on everywhere..

The trip has ended abruptly...

Basically I have a blood hemorrhage on the brain
And fractured vertebrae,
All from lifting the bike the correct way with your back too it,..went too take a picture bike fell over..
Yes I did unload the luggage..
Back cracked or banged,I fell too my hands and knees unable too move,other ppl picked it up,I was on the N1 Laayoune bound.
Got just outside, stopped by a police check and realised I was shaking with pain.they got me off the bike and called an ambulance..
Been in there ever since...Tuesday 21st..morning time.

I have another brain scan tonight (Wednesday)too make sure I am fit too be repatriated by plane too a UK hospital..

The Morrocan ppl are soo kind too me,getting me food/water,and top up on the phone..this one does not feed or water u..your parents/siblings do..don't know if its the same elsewhere..

I CANT REITERATE ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU NEED A GOOD INSURANCE PROVIDER..even if it is expensive as it is in my case but glad I did get all the bells and whistles..
Apparently they will fly the bike home too...

Home Thursday hopefully.

You loose all dignity,when your in a mixed ward with ppl wandering in day and night and past wanting a pee.
Evian type bottle,two blokes under your arm too lift you up
Relax...and try..it will come out eventually...lol...

Blimey, get well soon mate, and hope it all pans out re the repatriation for both you and the bike.

Bloody hell Mike, that wasn't on the cards. Hope you get well soon.
How are you getting the bike back??

The trip has ended abruptly...

Basically I have a blood hemorrhage on the brain
And fractured vertebrae,
All from lifting the bike the correct way with your back too it,..went too take a picture bike fell over..
Yes I did unload the luggage..
Back cracked or banged,I fell too my hands and knees unable too move,other ppl picked it up,I was on the N1 Laayoune bound.
Got just outside, stopped by a police check and realised I was shaking with pain.they got me off the bike and called an ambulance..
Been in there ever since...Tuesday 21st..morning time.

I have another brain scan tonight (Wednesday)too make sure I am fit too be repatriated by plane too a UK hospital..

The Morrocan ppl are soo kind too me,getting me food/water,and top up on the phone..this one does not feed or water u..your parents/siblings do..don't know if its the same elsewhere..

I CANT REITERATE ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU NEED A GOOD INSURANCE PROVIDER..even if it is expensive as it is in my case but glad I did get all the bells and whistles..
Apparently they will fly the bike home too...

Home Thursday hopefully.

You loose all dignity,when your in a mixed ward with ppl wandering in day and night and past wanting a pee.
Evian type bottle,two blokes under your arm too lift you up
Relax...and try..it will come out eventually...lol...

Hope all goes well. Sorry you had such a shitty experience but hoorah for expensive insurance.

Mike

Very sorry to hear of such an un-wished end to your trip. What a pity!

Hope you will get safely back to UK soon and glad the Moroccan kindness and hospitality is coming good.

Simon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a cheap end to a trip, very sorry to read that. Sound's like you've been getting the right help from the start and have decent insurance. I know the odd person who reckons they are big enough not to bother with it but nobody is.

Hope the scan is good and a decent trip home.

Tragic, what an end to your trip. Hope you get back OK and up and about again soon. All the best

PS I expect feline tagine would taste great :D

I am planning a longish (to me) trip later this year and after reading your story I will ensure I get extra cover!

I truly hope you a speedy recovery and a safe journey home

Back
Top Bottom