Two bloke's,Two T 7s,Overland too Africa..

crumbles

C*ntry Bumpkin.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yep it has too be done...Two month's away'ish.

Bikes prepared,monies spent,...Cake packed...luggage packed,unpacked,packed,unpacked...sod it that's it chuck it or buy it on the go...perhaps....!!!

Portsmouth/Santander/Across Spain to Algeciras then Tangier Med.

Then Morroco,Western Sahara,Mauritania,Senegal,Mali and surrounding areas as time permits...

Will update as and when I can or think about it..brain isn't as good as it was...its an Age thing...

Mike

Edit...(This will be nowhere near as good as the Geals postings...)

20230213_082226.jpg

20230213_082214.jpg

Hey, Hey, Heyyyyyyyyy! And away you go!

Best of luck with it all.......Stay safe.

(Have you looked at any trip reports/travelogues from these routes, as filed by Simon Dippenhall? - user name simondippenhall)

Sounds good to me. Enjoy.

@Kitsilano
Yes have read there reports and spoken too Simon.
But awhile ago now,all will be OK,we are in a WhatsApp group aswell about North/West Africa..

TIA my friend...This is Africa! Have a great time.

Looking forward to your adventure, please post updates

Have a great trip...very jealous here :beerjug:

Forgot the food photo..
But will a beer one do...
Port is across the road from the Admiral Drake.. :beerjug:

20230213_124759.jpg

Attachments

• 20230213_184453.jpg
    20230213_184453.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 528
Blimey, you're brave.
Have an excellent time & stay safe.
2 rings when you het home please.

A very nice pub,no food though as new owners have taken over,
We had food at the Sovereign under a travel lodge 100 mtrs away.nice it was too..

Well it has been a few uneventful full days.
Off the boat Wednesday morning at Santander and away we went over the mountains on our way down,temp went down to a minus I would think as it stopped measuring.
Not chuffing warm either but bearable..a few spots of rain but nowt else..
M-way across Spain in a direct,ish route at a steady 70,ish...Nice hotel found for the night...
Thursday,a shall we get too Algeciras port day..yep we will as we have made good progress at the port ticket touts dismissed and too the port authority building..bought tickets,Tangier Med,boat leaves at 13.30...line up behind said boat with the rest off them,then at 13.30..we are moved too another boat leaves at 15.00 hrs...!!
Bikes strapped down and when we return too get off they have moved.....
We are chomping too get off first but a wheelchair and 2 blokes beat us too it..anyways straight forward exit in too Morroco 30 minutes or so for customs and such like..
My friend has the plotted route and I stick too him..
Overnight a whoolie gale stricks up and not looking good in the morning but abates for 9am start..head in land road work but two off road tracks for good measure..
Now in an Auberge near Arzou for the night..
T7 is good too ride,stock seat with a cool cover over it..
Puig slightly taller screen
Tyres are Motoz Adventure Tractionator, holding good but a bit slippery, noisy aswell..

Excellent, have a great trip.

My memory of the food on that boat was inedible, as my companion said "it's food Jim, but not as we know it". Hope you do better.:)

Prices are on a par with the UK.
Carrefour is the same as Tescos..

Enjoy, should be a great trip. I managed to get to Timbuktu years ago between Tuareg rebellions which was great and worth the extra miles but unfortunately I suspect it's off limits again. Plenty other good spots as I'm sure you know

Crumbles:
wishing you and your mate a safe and enjoyable trip. As others have said, you chose the right bike. (And it’s a lot more accessible than South America!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom