Gairnshiel Bridge delayed

gerarddwatts

huge member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Press & Journal 3 days ago....

The grand opening of the new Gairnshiel Bridge has been delayed until late spring, leaving Deeside drivers facing six weeks of dealing with a 25-mile diversion.

Being from down in the Central Belt, I had no scoobies about what this bridge was - then after following some google streetview remembered that I'd been over the "old" bridge on a ride out with Roddy from Get2Grips. Lovely part of the world, and I'll certainly be looking to use Roddy's training again

Being from down in the Central Belt, I had no scoobies about what this bridge was - then after following some google streetview remembered that I'd been over the "old" bridge on a ride out with Roddy from Get2Grips. Lovely part of the world, and I'll certainly be looking to use Roddy's training again

Aye its on a great circuit in a great part of the world; well worth a visit when you can. I stood in the layby just up the road with a party of guns in between grouse drives several years ago when we saw 2 gleaming Range Rovers come along the road, the first one being driven by the late Queen Elizabeth; the guns all took their bunnets off and stood to attention, much to the amusement of herself!

I’m up to Scotland in a months time and was going to do this way. Anyone know if it’s open yet?

Internet searches don’t seem to turn anything up

It's just up the road from me.

Last time I was over there about a month ago new bridge still not open but you can use the old one.its taking an age to get it all finished.

Should be no more road closures now I'd imagine as the new bridge is installed and just finishing touches being done .

Ahh perfect. Thanks both! Don’t want to get there and find it’s a massive detour!
The other half would not be impressed! I on the other hand would just see it as more time on the bike!

Ahh perfect. Thanks both! Don’t want to get there and find it’s a massive detour!
The other half would not be impressed! I on the other hand would just see it as more time on the bike!
This is the number of the the office dealing with the construction of the new bridge 01467469932. The phone is not manned so leave a message and they do contact you.

When I last spoke to them [early May] they confirmed that there will one more closure to complete the road markings and put in roadside furniture. As of last Wednesday these had not been done so a call may be worthwhile just to establish when the closure may go ahead?

It's just up the road from me.

Last time I was over there about a month ago new bridge still not open but you can use the old one.its taking an age to get it all finished.

Should be no more road closures now I'd imagine as the new bridge is installed and just finishing touches being done .
I was there last Wednesday. No change to the situation. It looks like the bridge is complete but they forgot the bits of road needed to get to it :rolleyes:

Went over it yesterday . . .

200823-1.jpg

200823-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom