Crash bars

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are the crash bars on a 2011 1200 gsa bolted to the engine and if I wanted to remove them would I have to support the engine.

There is a dedicated section for that ....I expect some fucking moderator will be along soon to move your sorry and misguided post to the correct section...Pity you couldn`t manage it yourself really.

You just have to drill out the two snapped off bolts above the cylinders….. both the fekkers snapped on mine when I unbolted the bars to get the front shock off.

Yes these thing usually happen I try to give bolts a good soaking with penetrating oil before trying to undo things I have not been near for a bit .

Squirted all manner of stuff on the two bolts… fekkers took it all and still snapped. Barstards…

You just have to drill out the two snapped off bolts above the cylinders….. both the fekkers snapped on mine when I unbolted the bars to get the front shock off.

How did you manage to get access to drill out the bolts? I’ve just bought a 2012 GSA and the left hand bolt has sheared off at some point. I’m guessing I’ll have to remove the tank but even then it looks like cylinder will be in the way.

I was watching some American genius on YT undoing a big rusty exhaust manifold on some old engine. What he did first after the penetrating oil was try and TIGHTEN the bolt/nut.... and THEN try and loosen it. And then when he did get movement on the loosen he tightened it back up and went on to the next one. And he didn't break one, it was a pretty neat technique.

Back
Top Bottom