Motorcycle Parking Manchester

fatbaldbob

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking of riding down from Scotland to the “Kickback” show in Manchester Central. They are doing a deal via their website for 20% off with their partner hotel for the event “The Townhouse” on Portland Street.

I’ve been looking at bike parking and whilst there are plenty of on street bays I would prefer undercover parking. The council list 5 sites for this but none are anywhere near Portland street. The bike would probably be parked up for the weekend without moving hence why i’m so not keen on leaving it on the street.

Any locals have any suggestions for parking in this area or know of other bike parking alternatives?

Give Q park a search, pretty certain they’ve got something near Portland Street, not sure on prices, have done deals on 24hrs for £15 ish.

Give Q park a search, pretty certain they’ve got something near Portland Street, not sure on prices, have done deals on 24hrs for £15 ish.

Thanks for that, not heard of them before and they do indeed have parking 3 min from the hotel. Charge the same for bike as a car though but looking at the best option for now.

Dainese Manchester is in the city. Very helpful guys in the shop. Drop them a line and ask them for very local knowledge of parking. You could even pay them a visit ,browse the store and get a free brew.....I am sure they will know a few places of long stay parking.

I wouldn't leave any of my bikes anywhere in Manchester overnight and that's as a local. It's no worse than anywhere else it's just that bike crime is so bloody high everywhere. Forget Manchester Central as it's barrier less and there is nothing to chain a bike to. Great Northern. Is your next one. There are some big steel columns you could get a chain around. Personally I just wouldn't take the risk.

yuo could try ncp car parks but some are prepay using anpr entry which doesn't work on bikes

id just use the train or stay slightly out in a hotel use their car park and then get the tram

E mailed them ref bike parking the response was; unfortunately our Piazza car park does not allow motorcycles, (that being the one nearest the hotel).

Well I've been and back again, bikes parked on the street in an on street parking bay by China Town, left for three days and never moved them and they were still there and untouched when we came back for them. Maybe I got lucky or maybe it's not such a bad place really.

Will not be going again to the "Kickback" show as it was small and underwhelming certainly not worth an 800 mile round trip, good job the entry got you into the other events at the venue or you would be in and out in an hour if just going to look at bikes.

Stopped by the Bobhead Shop on the way back for a coffee and a browse and bought a few bits and pieces, nice gear and venue for a ride out if you are in the area.https://bobhead.co.uk

Only just seen this post

I would have said not to travel such a distance just for this.
if you intended on seeing lots of other things then ok, but not just this small exhibition.

You could have parked your bike at my house and it would have been very safe.
you could have then got the tram (tram stop 300 yrds from house) straight into Manchester which is 30 mins from here and costs £4.60.

the offer is there if you travel again :)

Thanks Barnoe; better late than never, yeah I’ll know for next time thanks for the offer.

Motorbike and parking

Thanks everyone, I found this thread trying to work out how to park my motorbike near Manchester airport. Does anyone know where and how? I am currently trying to get a reply from the airport. Their online information only does cars…

And @barnoe is this your place an option for a couple of weeks? I am off to overseas conferences and live in the Scottish western isles.

A quick google and I found this:

MANCHESTER AIRPORT
Motorcycle parking is available but you can only park outside the railway station, anywhere else is for staff use only.

Thanks! And I'm looking for the secure parking. A couple of days outside the railway station would be ok. 2 weeks is too much, I think. Anymore suggestions really appreciated!

Thanks everyone, I found this thread trying to work out how to park my motorbike near Manchester airport. Does anyone know where and how? I am currently trying to get a reply from the airport. Their online information only does cars…

And @barnoe is this your place an option for a couple of weeks? I am off to overseas conferences and live in the Scottish western isles.

just use the long stay at Man Airport ? there are options to park the bike at a secure holding a few mins away from he airport, then walk to your terminal . the bike will defo be secure ,check it out on the airport parking website

A quick google and I found this:

MANCHESTER AIRPORT
Motorcycle parking is available but you can only park outside the railway station, anywhere else is for staff use only.

How do they know if a bike is owned by a member of staff or not?

How do they know if a bike is owned by a member of staff or not?

They employ teams of retired lollipop ladies to enquire of bikermates arriving, who have to show their passes, their V5’s and a currently dated, signed letter from their mum. Anyone arriving who fails to satisfy all three tests, is burned alive, on the spot.

Or, so my my mate says, the pixies tell them. He knows stuff, so he’s probably correct, I guess. Believe whichever you will.

How else might you think?

An answer! If you call Manchester Airport parking +44 808 168 6111 in advance they'll book you in at 50% off.

Long stay there is no undercover parking.

If you can park at the "Shuttle Park" I've yet to find out how to do this. Supposedly that's GBP2 a day. It is run by a private company, not the airport. If anyone has a number for them, or direct website link (not the resellers they are car only as far as I can find) please put it here!

dont park under the flyover at T1 anymore - it will get lifted (by the airport :D )

only place on site is the bike loops at the station

wouldnt use any of the jet parks

have done a secret squirrel at the clayton but only cos stayed the night before - they have a huge spotlight round the back on a pad i locked the bike to that for 3 days and no problem

was in the ibis near the station on thursday and asked them as they have bike loops on the way into the car park (holiday inn feet away does too )

asked them and they asked does bike have a number plate - i said not if you want it to :D their camera would clock you (im staying there next month and might try this as its quite a walk from the station)

so if you rode in without then youd be ok and the hotel wouldnt care cos its not a space and its not near enough the entrance to be a nuisance

How else might you think?

As the staff motorbike park is unmanned there is nobody to check personal ID on arrival and there are no vehicle parking passes issued to motorbikes (easy to steal) plus no operational number plate recognition system either so the simple answer to your question is: I'm fucked if I know. (Which is how I was able to park my motorbike in the staff car parks at Manchester and Heathrow many times in the past without a single problem.

Back
Top Bottom