F700gs

strokeofgenius

Reaction score
Hello,I''ve just bought a 2015 f700gs that needs an engine.By the sound of the engine it seems like the crank is gone so I'm thinking a replacement engine is the easiest option.What are my best options when looking for an engine? Are all the year engines the same and would the 800 engine work with my electronics and fi? I believe the 700 is really a 800 with softer cams so if an 800 engine will work thats what I'll look for.

Hello,I''ve just bought a 2015 f700gs that needs an engine.By the sound of the engine it seems like the crank is gone so I'm thinking a replacement engine is the easiest option.What are my best options when looking for an engine? Are all the year engines the same and would the 800 engine work with my electronics and fi? I believe the 700 is really a 800 with softer cams so if an 800 engine will work thats what I'll look for.

I seem to remember the ECU might also be different between the 700&800

There is an F700 engine here , some sensors removed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/14402987...gq8xQEkbrIQFJDCZxUT1sZo+A=|tkp:Bk9SR5zLx67NYQ

Thank you Steve��.I found an 800 engine local ish but turns out its belt drive so back to drawing board.The engine above would be perfect except its the Uk which means import charge of 30% thanks to brexit.

That 800 will have come out of the F800GT or similar, the road bike. It had even more power than the GS, 89 bhp from memory, compared to the 650/700 70/75 bhp.

Brexit, the gift that keeps on giving :(

Back
Top Bottom