Oil pressure warning light flickering when hot.

Sounds more like you are looking at the charging light !!

Ha! Whilst dopey, hopefully not that dopey!

Definitely the oil light and i reckon its the combination of using the cover gasket (not needed) and forgetting the shim (just feckin stupid) leaving the o-ring not compressed enough.

Fresh Mahle filter should be here tomorrow and I’ll be checking the pressure relief valve when I have the cover off.

Every days a school day.

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

Change the oil pressure switch ... sorted :thumb

:beerjug:
I had to replace the op switch on my old Saab 900. The guy in the service department looked at me and asked ...

"And thatll fix it, you think?"
"I know it will."
"Oh yeah. Why?"
"Cos there's oil pissing out of it!"
"I'll get your part.... "

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Ha! Whilst dopey, hopefully not that dopey!

Definitely the oil light and i reckon its the combination of using the cover gasket (not needed) and forgetting the shim (just feckin stupid) leaving the o-ring not compressed enough.

Fresh Mahle filter should be here tomorrow and I’ll be checking the pressure relief valve when I have the cover off.

Every days a school day.

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction.

Did you get it sorted?

Mahle filters and shims arrived.

I ordered an oil pressure test kit from a local vendor but it hasn’t arrived… I’m beginning to think he may have a liberal interpretation of what In stock means… sure… it’s in stock somewhere (likely China).

I wanted to make sure she was making at least 10psi when hot and idling. Also wanted to verify that the oil bypass was limiting the pressure properly when cold.

will measure the depth of the canister and shim out the cover and o ring properly then take it for a good run and see if it’s ok.

If the test kit arrives before the weekend, I’ll be able to check it out properly rather than half assed.

Short answer… still a work in progress :)

Fixed!

Solution was add a shim and remove the cover gasket from the oil filter.

No problems when hot now.

After cold crank, oil light takes 25 seconds to come back on whereas it was coming back on after 2 or 3 seconds that last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Fixed!

Solution was add a shim and remove the cover gasket from the oil filter.

No problems when hot now.

After cold crank, oil light takes 25 seconds to come back on whereas it was coming back on after 2 or 3 seconds that last time I checked.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Excellent news! :beerjug:

Yep.

Best result I could have hoped for.

Have a nail in the back tyre but I’ll get that sorted during the week and take her out for a daycent spin on Sunday!

Back
Top Bottom