Revised Interceptor and Continental

Saw that earlier, not too sure about the blacked out look, I think I prefer the more traditional versions, tubeless tyres (don't like the cast wheels though) LED lights etc are a plus

The seat looks too short, like it’s an aftermarket item, and though I have no problem with cast wheels these just look too agricultural.

There are my wheels now mill finish on the drivetrain instead of black. And please put a mudguard over the front tyre.

Yuck, not to my taste at all, hopefully these stealthy versions will run alongside the original engine colour scheme, can't see them dropping that. I can see sales dropping off it they do.

Do I understand it correctly, that the only Interceptor with the original spoked wheels etc left in the range is the one with the chromed tank, all the other colours having been dropped?

I'm not sure it's even that, on the UK RE website there's only the blue and black models with cast wheels shown

From the website it seems so. Cast wheels and blacked out motor is not a good look on the interceptor, detracts from the classic look in my humble opinion. Just hope the chrome tanked continues.

From the website it seems so. Cast wheels and blacked out motor is not a good look on the interceptor, detracts from the classic look in my humble opinion. Just hope the chrome tanked continues.
100% agree

Do I understand it correctly, that the only Interceptor with the original spoked wheels etc left in the range is the one with the chromed tank, all the other colours having been dropped?

I'm not sure it's even that, on the UK RE website there's only the blue and black models with cast wheels shown

100% agree

It’s not great news.

To my simple mind, the Interceptor (such as Jazbee has) and the GT were both styled around so called ‘Classic’ bikes. OK the spoke wheels are more difficult to clean and cannot take tubeless tyres (or at least not to easily) but that, to some degree or another, was a part of the supposed ‘heritage’ and a nod towards the past. Likewise the colours, too. This latest iteration seems to forget that.

I dunno tubeless spokes would probably be best but between cast and tube type spoke wheels give me the cast and tubeless every time. (At the least cast should be a no cost option). The blacked out look does not work on these bikes IMO, personally I wouldn't even consider buying one with a painted engine and exhaust.

the blacked out does it no favours and while the wheels are a good idea - opportunity missed styling wise

most of the point of that type of bike is the bling

Saw the new blacked out bikes in dealer CooperB today. Still not to my taste but the black finish seems quite good quality from what I could see. New switchgear, hand grips and LED lights are an improvement though.

It does look like a nod to the Triumph T140D Special

Triumph-1-923x840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom