Sena 50R with GS1250 TFT, iPhone and Garmin Zumo XT

GS Bloke

Reaction score
Hi
I've just moved over from a Cardo Freecom 4+ to a Sena 50R as my riding buddies already use Sena and we wanna use Mesh.

This issue was also present with my cardo so it's not new.
My Bluetooth setup is as follows:
Sena and iPhone are paired to the bikes TFT
The iPhone is also paired to the Sena, when I power on the Sean it connects to the phone automatically (as it should).
The Garmin is only paired to my phone so I can get traffic data etc.

The problem is when I start music via the TFT/Wonder Wheel, it shows as Playing but I can't hear anything via the Sena, when I open Bluetooth settings on my iPhone and disconnect the Sena then I can hear music (the phone is showing the TFT as the Audio dest), I don't want to have to remember to disconnect the Sena from my iPhone each time.

Any ideas why this is happeneing?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 149
Think of the BT connections as a garden hose. There is a limit to how many litres per minute will flow. If you add pressure to force more through, It will fail. You setup has a couple of issues. First the IOS AD2P BT is at best, shady. That's just IOS licencing. The other issues is your connection from your sena to the mobile device. You have to decide what is most important to you.
My set up - Sena 50S - Samsung galaxy S22 Ultra. - Garmin XT.
Phone to TFT, Sena to TFT. That's it. Faultless. I don't connect anything else. Including the XT. Phone calls, Music, Navigation & Bike to Bike either BT or Mesh. All Good:thumb2

https://www.facebook.com/groups/195190591351953

Hi Think that system is wrong, Try Phone and Cardo to TFT, connect Phone to Zumo but go to setting and untick the phone option but leave media on

If your is an iPhone and using ISO 16 plus you will need to ensure your TFT software is the very latest.

To get the best out of the App you will need you allow accessibility to always and turn of lock screen the phone

To ensure a seamless start up, Turn Cardo on then TFT

Hope that helps, I am not a Cardo user, use Sena SRL

The latest.
I have removed the paring for my phone to the Sena so that's fixed the problems that caused.

After reading the Sena 50R User Guide I have Bluetooth channel 2 connected to the bikes TFT, and channel 5 is connected to my Zumo XT GPS, but the Sena can't seem to have a connection to the TFT and the XT at the same time, when I power everything on, the 50R connects to the Zumo but not the TFT, if I delete the paring with the XT then it will connect to the TFT.
Sena support isn't helping at all.

Does anyone have a 50R connected to the TFT and Zumo at the same time, which BT channels did you use?

Back
Top Bottom