Do you have ‘Time For Kids’

Hello everyone
Apologies for my radio silence. I was whipped into hospital for some surgery and only home now to see a fabulous set of parcels containing all sorts of watches.

Can’t thank those kindly people enough. It really is mind blowing.

I’ll get round to sorting them all out and spread their allocation to local schools over time. Those that gave me expensive watches to sell I’ll do just that and get lots of cheaper, kiddies ones.

I’ve started a record of who, what, where and result. It makes remarkable reading!

As to the great donations I will put them towards purchases soon.

Thank you all again!! You’re a fantastic bunch.

Jim

Hey JJH
I’m just home from week working in London and was delighted to open your parcel.

Thank you ever so much and I’ll phase them in for disposal to kids in our Kirkliston/Queensferry community up here near Edinburgh.

You’re very kind and I’m very grateful.

Jim

Can you take watches that need batteries? I have a few old watches knocking around. I had a thing about watches for a while. I might spend €80-150 on a watch while on holidays and they would just languish in a draw till the battery runs out. I have an Apple Watch now so I just don’t bother with them any longer. I’d be happy to send you what I have but some would need batteries and some would be €10 cheapy cheap. JJH

I have a Casio altimeter functioning watch, needs a new battery. It was my fathers but there's no point me keeping it when for the sake of a new battery a kid can use it. Pm details and I'll post it

That’s very kind of you NJ, thank you so very much.

I’ll pm my details and sorry for delay. I’ve been down south so far all this week

Jim

Delighted to read the kindness you’ve displayed on here has been recorded by the local primary school.

As a result ‘Time For Kids’ is being offered to the other 3 local primary schools.

Can’t thank you all enough.

Jim

Attachments

• B6D69772-96DE-4F13-B7E4-16E6B540DD4F.jpg
    B6D69772-96DE-4F13-B7E4-16E6B540DD4F.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 82
  • C2C4C250-6A99-4D7F-A261-421F11ECDC43.jpg
    C2C4C250-6A99-4D7F-A261-421F11ECDC43.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 80
Thank you Steve but it’s not me that’s done well. It’s all you good people who have given Soooooo much. You’re the ones who I applaud wholeheartedly. Unbelievable!!

Jim

Have now taken delivery of many watches and cash donations. So much so I’m spreading the kindness you’ve given to other schools and sea cadets who are looking for training aids that the kids can learn from.

I religiously do this anonymously other than the head teacher or group leader. The kids don’t know of names or source as it’s easier that way I feel.

Thanks again for the kindness I’ve received for which young folk get benefit.

Jim

I will try but it’s all because of people like you JJH who show remarkable kindness that this is taking off so well. THANK YOU!

J

Another one here who hadn’t seen this before.

I’ve got a Seconda watch that’s supposed to be waterproof to -50m so ideal for a youngster. I doubt if I ever wore it and it’s got the receipt from 2008 in the now cracked plastic box :D

It’ll need a battery and I’m away from early on Wednesday so no time to get one but if you pm me your address I’ll try and get it in the post before I go.

Many thanks indeed

I’ll pm my details and thank you very much. Outstanding again from UKGSER’s

Jim

Hi everyone

I gave out 5 of the watches donated today to a sea cadet group. They’ll be used as training aids and giveaways to deserving youngsters.

Thank you all again for YOUR kindness that enables this to happen!

Jim

Hi everyone

I’ve been asked to bump this to give a background to this initiative.

Hope it helps and happy to take donations. Thank you everyone.

Jim

You seem to have a knack for this. You probably haven’t got time to take on anything else but another skill kids could learn is photography. There must be plenty of almost worthless 35mm cameras lying around in drawers and cupboards. A manual 35 mil camera would be a perfect way to teach kids that there’s more in taking a photo than banging away with the phone. JJH

Thank you. That’s very kind and means a lot.

The pleasure in seeing the young beneficiaries strut their stuff in the playgrounds and club rooms is a joy. It seems retro is ‘cool!’

I’ve had a lot of very kind people from on here, yourself included. I like the idea of cameras! But alas I’m a bit busy with work, family, watches and eh biking!!!

Thank you again

Jim

Back
Top Bottom