F850 GSA little review

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
R1250 GSA in for a service. “Is the F850 GSA available”? I ask?

What a fantastic bike! Over 200 miles on it, yes the front dives, yes it lacks a bit of power but loved every minute :thumb2 Even my panniers fittted. Loved the 3 heated grips setting too.

So why are there so many not about? :nenau is it the dirty chain :nenau lol

If looking to change I would deffo think about it. :thumb

TD

:rob

I think that unlike the F650/700/800 that stayed clearly in its own price bracket below the 1200GS’s. The F750/850 850GSA ( especially if specced up) strays a little too close to 1250 pricing so new entrants say “ why not” . 1200/1250 riders leaving the twins due to size tend to switch to other brands Triumph & Yamaha.

Just my take happy to be proven wrong

I went from a 1200 GSA to an 850GSA a couple of years ago and I love the bike.
Yep - the front end does dive a bit for sure but you do get used to it.
The bike has enough power for me and, despite all the comments about the 1200 carrying its weight lower down, the 850 is much easier to push around the garage.
I love mine!

I have an 850GS as well as a 1250GSA

Love the 850 for local runs etc. Yes it does dive on the front forks but this can largely be negated by using both the front and back brake at the same time as we used to do before everything went linked

Mike

I have fitted Hyperpro progressive fork springs on my f850gs. The front end is firmer and fork dive under braking is more or less eliminated.
Alan R

Back
Top Bottom