Zumo XT, Schuberth SC2 and iPhone hands free mode

RSInterloper

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have my Zumo XT paired to an iPhone 11 Pro and to my Schuberth SC2 (Sena) helmet as a "GPS pairing". The Zumo is set as a headphone for the phone in its Bluetooth settings.

The Sena is also paired to my RT TFT, which has a dedicated (separate) iPhone SE2 as the nav device, as the primary "mobile phone pairing". As far as I understand things, that should not affect what happens through the "GPS pairing".

All devices are on their respective latest firmwares.

I'm sure this worked before when I had an SC1 but now, if I call my mobile number, the Zumo pops up the screen indication of an incoming call but the "Ignore" and "Answer" buttons do not respond to presses. I can hear the ringtone on the helmet speakers but in addition the iPhone itself continues to ring and I can only answer or ignore the call on the phone screen. (I'll have to test this again to be sure) but if I answer the call on the phone the helmet speakers then announce that "(My name) is on another line".

Any ideas what might be the problem anyone?

Hmm - just trying it this morning with the Zumo, helmet and iPhone off the bike and in the house. This time the Garmin incoming calls bit does appear to work, in that if I press Answer the call is answered (very crackly through the helmet though), and if I press Ignore it's the calling phone which tells me that "I'm on another line" (got that bit wrong in the post above). More testing on the bike required....

Further testing indicates that the problem arose because the phone I was using to call my "call" iPhone was the "nav" iPhone which was bluetooth connected to the RT, and was in the cubbyhole where I couldn't see it. Using it out of the cubby, I could see that it was giving me options which included calling the iPhone direct or calling via the RT itself - and it was defaulting to the latter. For some reason the XT was not responding to a call from the bike in the same way as a direct call from the bike phone. Calling direct solved the issue and all works as expected.

So problem sort of solved, please ignore my ramblings above.

Back
Top Bottom