Airhead throttle question

Mad Hatter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I need to buy a throttle/master cylinder assembly for the bike I’m building at present. I’m using the G/S style switchgear and would like to use two throttle cables rather than a single cable and splitter.

Can anyone tell me what year and model of bike used the G/S style switchgear (rather than the later paralever type) but with two throttle cables rather than the usual single cable?

I’ve tried looking through the parts catalog but can’t find one. It must exist though because teilerhorbank.de has a used one for sale

Any advice appreciated

Can’t help with the dates I’m afraid,motorworks would prob be your best mate on that,as they’ve supplied parts for various builds.
I’d question your logic behind the twin cable set up though.
With long cables,high bars etc the routing needs to be spot on,else you’ll struggle to get throttle take up balance perfect,at least until the cables have settled in and have a bit of wear on them.
We’ve had loads of hassle with twin cable bikes and new cables,the minute you move from centre the balance changes and won’t settle.
If the end result is fitting different carbs such as delorto’s
You could go with standard single pull with a splitter,and bespoke lower cables which are not difficult to fabricate.
The standard single pull cam with splitter will achieve full throttle on 38 mm delorto,
But mebbs not quite on 40 ‘s
But how often is absolute full bore needed on a road going airhead

Can’t help with the dates I’m afraid,motorworks would prob be your best mate on that,as they’ve supplied parts for various builds.
With long cables,high bars etc the routing needs to be spot on,else you’ll struggle to get throttle take up balance perfect,at least until the cables have settled in and have a bit of wear on them.
We’ve had loads of hassle with twin cable bikes and new cables,the minute you move from centre the balance changes and won’t settle.
You could go with standard single pull with a splitter,and bespoke lower cables which are not difficult to fabricate.
The standard single pull cam with splitter will achieve full throttle on 38 mm delorto,

Depends on whether you’re trying to keep up with MickDB1 or Tetley!

That’s a good point about single with splitter being better than twin cables in terms of maintaining balance with long cable runs……hadn’t thought of that

Back
Top Bottom